December 2015 meeting raffle

badxgillen

As you all know the last meeting of the year is upon us, December 5th Saturday, and to follow with tradition that meeting will have a Holiday raffle to participate in. Being a payed member will get you one free ticket to place in the pot towards one of the fabulous prizes provided by some of our Awesome sponsors. After that, or for non paying members, it is $5.00 per ticket or 5 tickets for $20.00.

Whats in store for us you ask!?

Well we have some gift certificates to some of your favorite saltwater vendors, a LED unit for lighting your reef tank, and last but not least,

Corals to put into that reef tank.

Let the camera roll

DSCF0917_zpsrrtsfqjy.jpg

An Electric Acro originally acquired from Upscales, it was believed to be another tenuis but I am not so sure now that it is gorwing out more. A nice little frag here to add a spot light of color into the SPS tank.

DSCF0922_zpsbois7p46.jpg

This guy is amazing, multiple blue hues and green polyps. I have seen this one get almost yellow orange tips in other peoples tanks\lighting. This one was dubbed the Gumby Acro from a fellow reefer in Washington.

DSCF0927_zpsep1a93ml.jpg

You know this one, an ORA red planet acro that originally came from The Premium Aquarium when Garret had all those killer acros in the display before the giant clam. Yummy.

DSCF0924_zpszqujpwet.jpg

Here is an odd ball from Cuttlefish and Corals. A very delicate branch structure with prominent coralites and long extended polyps. It is developing purple tips in my system and I don't think it is finished yet.

DSCF0928_zpsm0wdi1jz.jpg

A frag of the rainbow tort will also be available. Several rainbows out there, this one was plucked out of the tanks at Upscales. Nice blue polyps on this hardy acro.

DSCF0930_zpsrdqxmqko.jpg

Some deep water love right here with a Turaki mariculture that I saved. Another odd one that came from a Fiji shipment at The Premium Aquarium.

Whats that you say? 

wheres the love for the LPS and zoa fans? 

Just stay tuned and as I will be updating this thread with more goodness.

• Like 3

Lets not forget about the Large Polyped Stony sweetness.

DSCF0628_zpsw0advki0.jpg

Hellfire Leptastrea straight from Jody at Totally Exotic Corals of Oregon. Love this one too.

DSCF2175_zpsugbumpg5.jpg

Here is some candy crush favia thats freakin Sweet!

DSCF1236_zpsut2ifyds.jpg

I even got a couple pieces of the OG Alien Eye Chalice, Yeah Buddy!

• Like 4

I'm going to go ahead and step out on a branch here ( normally I would say limb, but my confidence in this claim is pretty grounded) and assume that most, if not all, of these frags are being donated personally from Robert. He is one of the most generous people I've ever met in this hobby. Big shout out to the humble and generous coral man!

Unfortunately I'm working all day Saturday so I won't be able to attend, but hopefully I'll meet up with all of you at another time.

Edited by Higher Thinking
  • Like 6

Yes agreed. These are all donations from Robert's personal collection.  Very nice collection and very generous. Robert takes really good care of his corals. The ones I have gotten from him have done very well!

Thank you again Robert for your continued generosity. You are an amazing asset to this club! :applause:

• Like 2

You Guys\Gals...  :blush:

I was doing my best to dodge recognition.

Thanks so much for the compliments, I really appreciate it, I just try to be the old school reefer that just wants to help. This just happens to be something I do well and can bring that to the table as a member of the office, I also grow a few corals here and there.

But make No Doubt the other members of office and Board Of Directors are contributing just as much to our community as I and then some. So much goes on behind the scenes here no one person could tackle it, I am proud to be a part of the team. 

And now back to our regular scheduled programming...

Corals.

DSCF0947_zpsdxoq7jr7.jpg

This is the jewel of the bunch, a chalice of mouth watering vibrancy, wait until you see it under actinics, it becomes highlighted by beams from the coral heavens themselves.

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

You Guys\Gals...  :blush:

I was doing my best to dodge recognition.

Thanks so much for the compliments, I really appreciate it, I just try to be the old school reefer that just wants to help. This just happens to be something I do well and can bring that to the table as a member of the office, I also grow a few corals here and there.

But make No Doubt the other members of office and Board Of Directors are contributing just as much to our community as I and then some. So much goes on behind the scenes here no one person could tackle it, I am proud to be a part of the team. 

And now back to our regular scheduled programming...

Corals.

DSCF0947_zpsdxoq7jr7.jpg

This is the jewel of the bunch, a chalice of mouth watering vibrancy, wait until you see it under actinics, it becomes highlighted by beams from the coral heavens themselves.

That is a sweet chalice licking my chops at that :)