What's this?

fishmanmike01

Im no expert on fish, but my tangs frequently have little breakouts like that...I think part of it has to do with corals in my tank. For example, my Hippo tang frequently has patches of white in different spots...but he sleeps inside colonies of montipora, so I think it my irritate his skin...errr scales.

Edited by Mandinga

Im no expert on fish, but my tangs frequently have little breakouts like that...I think part of it has to do with corals in my tank. For example, my Hippo tang frequently has patches of white in different spots...but he sleeps inside colonies of montipora, so I think it my irritate his skin...errr scales.

I hear ya. Anytime I put my hands in the tank this guy turns super blotchy and hides behind a return. This however is different. It's clearly like cysts or some sort of external thing going on. Almost looks like a callous growth.

I know this isn't timely enough to help your current situation, but I thought I'd mention that John has arranged for Dr Jim Morgan-Miller, a recognized speaker in fish diseases from the Hatfield Marine Center, to come to our January club meeting. Should be interesting. More details to come on that.