When is the 1st Annual PNWMAS Frags Swap???

goldenbasketreef

We have had several frag swaps this year but not one where we rented out a whole facility just for that purpose if that's what you mean. Something we can look into for the next year that's for sure. 

I know I can fill a table\booth between my wife,son, and I and I LOVE to trade.

I am sure some of our other sponsors would be down too.

• Like 2

Scott, is that the Barrier Reef sale and frag swap?  Isn't there another one in the Seattle area every year in February?  I think one of the clubs up there has put it on for years, but for some reason I think they stopped.  Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Are you guys thinking of something small-ish, like bringing corals to a meeting, or something larger like the Bob Moore thing? 

I always thought it would be fun to do more like a "trade show" where there are booths, speakers, raffles, etc., on a much smaller scale than MACNA, but larger scale than hobbiests trading at a club meeting.  Proceeds would fund the event and any extra would go to Tank for Teachers.  We could have frags for sale/swap, equipment, art booths, a "used-but-working" booth (where people donate old equipment and the money would go to TFT), food vendor, and stuff like that. 

That might not be what you were thinking though, Rudy.  And there would be some significant huddles doing something like that, too--the first being that we don't really have someone coordinating TFT. 

• Like 1

I know there are lots of different ways to do a frag swap (person to person trading, selling booths, etc.), but a swap I found especially fun was the one at the Cuttlefish Christmas party last year. Everyone brought a few frags with them, and they were separated into 3 tanks - easy/cheap, moderate/mid-priced, and expensive/difficult. For each of your frags, you got a raffle ticket, and then as tickets were drawn, you were able to pick something out from the frag tank the same level or lower of the frag you brought. My numbers were drawn towards the end, and I still walked away with some fantastic corals. These started out as a nub-sized acro and a very drab little raisin colored lobo, but grew into beauties.

DSC_5816.jpg DSC_3399lobo.jpg

• Like 1

Are you guys thinking of something small-ish, like bringing corals to a meeting, or something larger like the Bob Moore thing? 

I always thought it would be fun to do more like a "trade show" where there are booths, speakers, raffles, etc., on a much smaller scale than MACNA, but larger scale than hobbiests trading at a club meeting.  Proceeds would fund the event and any extra would go to Tank for Teachers.  We could have frags for sale/swap, equipment, art booths, a "used-but-working" booth (where people donate old equipment and the money would go to TFT), food vendor, and stuff like that. 

That might not be what you were thinking though, Rudy.  And there would be some significant huddles doing something like that, too--the first being that we don't really have someone coordinating TFT. 

Yes, I am thingking more inline as Bob Moore Show. Not as in scale off but more like having a table for vendors / individuals to sell or trade frags.

We can start small here with 4 major local vendors plus individuals that would like to open up a booth for a day or two days event.

Each seller will have a 4x8 table.

We can invite reefers from Pacific NW to come.

We need to start somewhere as a local event and eventually it will get better every year. It doesn't have to start as a grand scale show.

I was at the early MACNA show in KY and at that time only about 6 livestock / dry goods vendors cramped in 10'X10' room.

It is more like an experience for us all and if we have this going regularly than we can take on a show like MACNA here someday.

Our area has Koi Show and Reptile Show as regular yearly event, not sure it these shows still going till now.

It is time for us reefers to have a yearly local show.

• Like 5

Yes, I am thingking more inline as Bob Moore Show. Not as in scale off but more like having a table for vendors / individuals to sell or trade frags.

We can start small here with 4 major local vendors plus individuals that would like to open up a booth for a day or two days event.

Each seller will have a 4x8 table.

We can invite reefers from Pacific NW to come.

We need to start somewhere as a local event and eventually it will get better every year. It doesn't have to start as a grand scale show.

I was at the early MACNA show in KY and at that time only about 6 livestock / dry goods vendors cramped in 10'X10' room.

It is more like an experience for us all and if we have this going regularly than we can take on a show like MACNA here someday.

Our area has Koi Show and Reptile Show as regular yearly event, not sure it these shows still going till now.

It is time for us reefers to have a yearly local show.

KOI show is still going yearly in Sept in Beaverton's Uwajimaya lot ( used to by side of the zoo ).

Years ago Issac at seahorse put on together that was great. It was at a hotel banquet hall I think. Had some big name show up for it. Something we should look at doing.   

That was near the Airport if the same one?

Jody from TEC was there I think.....that was years ago.