Hello coloredup & StayPuff

You guys bring valid points and I do appreciate your respectfully worded comments!

I am not a scientist however I do understand the principles of the production of O2 versus CO2.

It's a given fish produce CO2 and invertebrates & corals produce O2. We know in oceans there is a balance of aquatic life producing both not unlike land based plants & animals. Many aquariums have an unbalanced production of the two requiring a means of countering that imbalance. Aeration in the home environment allows for the water to absorb the CO2 you exhale as well as the limited O2 allowed in through open doors & windows. What your concerns are : If your aquarium is unbalanced in the production of CO2 versus O2 then countering that imbalance through aeration is required beyond the natural aeration occurring with the flow of water pouring down into your sump tank. Strictly reef aquariums require CO2 enrichment as I have witnessed at Aquarium Paradise in Lakewood, WA with their CO2 tank system on their display invertebrate tank. Levels of CO2 versus O2 is a guessing game or an educated guess based on the inhabitants. Meaning you can't measure it.

If you have an CO2 producing crew and need all the O2/ CO2 exchange you can get & are concerned this skimmer design will hinder that exchange, the answer is so simple. Air pump & air stones in your sump tank can replicate what your current skimmer is exchanging. That way you get the benefit of automation & aeration. It's cheap, fast, & simple.

Now if you buy a O2 or CO2 tank system you can connect it to the PRO-TEIN CLEAN protein skimmer and with a single dose from the tank the skimmer will recirculate that dose for days greatly extending the consumption life of the tank!

A professor at a state university is in possession of a PRO-TEIN CLEAN TouchLess Plug & Play Model 62525A protein skimmer and has experience & history testing protein skimmers. Him & I are in agreement that his findings will not be published until I have my website up & able to take orders online. Please be patient. Websites are very complicated.

Due to the limited units available & the high cost of U.S. labor and the fact that these units are hand made one at a time, combined with the over all start up cost investment over the last 7 years, the cost of patent attorney's & filing patents, event venues, advertising & models not everyone will be able to afford one at first. There are many people paying far more for manual protein skimmers than what the price of this new Automatic one will be. I have a constant flow of inquiry's by email as you can imagine.  

Hope this helps in your need for info.

Hello coloredup & StayPuff

You guys bring valid points and I do appreciate your respectfully worded comments!

I am not a scientist however I do understand the principles of the production of O2 versus CO2.

It's a given fish produce CO2 and invertebrates & corals produce O2. We know in oceans there is a balance of aquatic life producing both not unlike land based plants & animals. Many aquariums have an unbalanced production of the two requiring a means of countering that imbalance. Aeration in the home environment allows for the water to absorb the CO2 you exhale as well as the limited O2 allowed in through open doors & windows. What your concerns are : If your aquarium is unbalanced in the production of CO2 versus O2 then countering that imbalance through aeration is required beyond the natural aeration occurring with the flow of water pouring down into your sump tank. Strictly reef aquariums require CO2 enrichment as I have witnessed at Aquarium Paradise in Lakewood, WA with their CO2 tank system on their display invertebrate tank. Levels of CO2 versus O2 is a guessing game or an educated guess based on the inhabitants. Meaning you can't measure it.

If you have an CO2 producing crew and need all the O2/ CO2 exchange you can get & are concerned this skimmer design will hinder that exchange, the answer is so simple. Air pump & air stones in your sump tank can replicate what your current skimmer is exchanging. That way you get the benefit of automation & aeration. It's cheap, fast, & simple.

Now if you buy a O2 or CO2 tank system you can connect it to the PRO-TEIN CLEAN protein skimmer and with a single dose from the tank the skimmer will recirculate that dose for days greatly extending the consumption life of the tank!

A professor at a state university is in possession of a PRO-TEIN CLEAN TouchLess Plug & Play Model 62525A protein skimmer and has experience & history testing protein skimmers. Him & I are in agreement that his findings will not be published until I have my website up & able to take orders online. Please be patient. Websites are very complicated.

Due to the limited units available & the high cost of U.S. labor and the fact that these units are hand made one at a time, combined with the over all start up cost investment over the last 7 years, the cost of patent attorney's & filing patents, event venues, advertising & models not everyone will be able to afford one at first. There are many people paying far more for manual protein skimmers than what the price of this new Automatic one will be. I have a constant flow of inquiry's by email as you can imagine.  

Hope this helps in your need for info.

Well that will be nice to see the report and also you have some people running these now so to get there thoughts about it as well.

I love inventions and things that work I hope you do well and look forward to seeing some reports.

I would hate to be in a system with things that cost's 5,000 and up to get going and set up and run something that cant produce correctly because its brand new I defenetly need to see some folks run for few months before I buy no matter what the price :)

But for the sake of new things I hope it works perfect for everyone and like I said if it proves to be a better system I'm down for it.  Maybe some where down the line.

Have you thought about contacting a MFG that make these things and have them do it and get %'s off you could sell at decent price and make tons just wondering :)

So you had your silent auction can we find out how much they went for now that that is done?

Thanks for the reply and yea I know about websites I have owned a couple :)

LOL

It better have diamonds for that price .

Plus a life time Warranty . 

I wrote like 9 things deleted them all just lost for words :)

that would be the price of a tank the sad thing is if it is that high 90% of the people would never get one its almost more than a whole set up of what people have been using for like all there lifes.

who cares if you have to drain the cup :)  

I like new things I like the hover board everyone wanted one now there burning up all over :)

But let just say i hope it does take off :) Dont get me wrong its sometimes odd posting :)  I love new things for sure :)

Plus if it does take off all these other skimmers better watch out they will be cheaper for us to :)

Folks will have to up 1 on there Neighbor :)

I look forward to seeing videos of people running them after few months or year :)

It depends on what suits your needs and obviously how much you are willing to pay, this is applicable with almost all things in this hobby. You can go cheapo and have some under par performance, medium grade to get things done with not much extras, to the luxurious and extravagant with all the bells and whistles. There are the Echo Tech radions and vortechs and then there are the overseas knock off 3 watt LEDs and sun sun circlulation pumps, its always nice to have options. And I can't say that I don't want one of these skimmers.

For instance my skimmer on my larger tank cost $500 and I feel it does what it needs to do so this price is not too far out there especially for new technology.

I here you. I have $1000 in my skimmer. I'm tired of buying things 3 times.

I hear that, I am on my third and final skimmer on my 210. Went undersized, cheap oversized, got fed up and bought a $700 beast. The price of this skimmer seems a little high given its construction, I paid a lot to have the beautifully efficient wine glass shaped body. The tube shape skimmers are dated and less efficient.

Correct me if I'm wrong but this "self adjusts" simply by recirculating some of the water (into the air intake) when the foam head gets too high and this makes the head go down.

I here you. I have $1000 in my skimmer. I'm tired of buying things 3 times.

Ya maybe something like this will be good for you to try out let me know how it goes in a year :)

Did you put your order in and get one yet then?

All I know is my 175.99 reef octopus skimmer is running better than any skimmer I have ever had in 20 years :) on my 100 gallon tank :) so what I have to drain the cup once a week I could get 3 of these for the price and store them and last the next 10 years so that would mean this new thing would need at least a 10 year Warranty then I might consider it :)

Couple post mentioned about tired of buying you don't know if this thing is proven yet has to be tested for years to see the out come to make sure it does not crash to make sure you don't have to keep buying extra stuff to make sure it works there is so much to it other than looking at a video saying that is neat.

Again I'm more of a research guy I need to see how this is doing in tanks a few months down the road. Until then my 175.99 skimmer rated for 130 gallons will do just fine :)

BTW what do you mean by going cheapo? I consider cheapo to be some 50.00 skimmer 100 to 300 gets into good skimmers.

There are millions of views on skimmers like the reef octopus and others that for years and years and years proven to do what they need to do.

For the most part a lot I do understand and I'm one to jump in the line I want the best of everything as well and I would be happy to get anything out there I will make this clear I just need to see more proof and down the road cost and making sure nothing gets broke down after month or whatever there is so much  that isn't known on something if I want to play the lottery I could do that to.

Again I really really hope it works and yes I would look to buy it when it\s proven and folks have ran it constantly.  Having new things come out is awesome it makes things like my reef octopus even go down more for having a top of the line skimmer :)

Its like going from power jets to Gyre the Gyre is amazing yes you pay more for it than a power head and it is proven to work so I got it :)

For me I just need proof :)  Time and testimonial will tell all.

I'm sure most folks will relate to this if they have a lot of money into there system and its working fine for them.

Going cheap was a new old stock octopus skimmer for $150. The pump was loud and underrated for the size of the skimmer. The skimmer was rated for a much larger load than it should have been also. My new Reef Octopus Elite 220 is much more fitted for the job.

Also, going cheap is a relative term depending on the size of tank you have. Obviously smaller skimmers for smaller tanks will cost less than those for larger ones.

Ya maybe something like this will be good for you to try out let me know how it goes in a year :)

Did you put your order in and get one yet then?

I am more than happy with my current skimmer. I went a little overboard. I'm with you though. I'm not putting down hard earned cash until I see how something performs.

• Like 1

I have seen this skimmer in person and it just won't do what he says it will.  His claims have no validation.  I have heard him toss around that this can skim tanks from 100-200 and then I've seen it say it's good for 400. This skimmer does not flow water at all.  It sucks in water and doesn't return any clean water back into the tank.  It's basically an air stone that runs on stagnate air.  I'd like to know which University has validated your claims.  Saying that someone else agrees with you isn't enough proof to get others to buy. I know several local stores have turned down your offer to sell these.  Your price is too high, there are no facts to back it up, and the design has several flaws.  

Toad Fish, A wise man once said: People fear what they don't understand. It makes them angry. It makes them say crazy things. It makes them want to burn people at the stake. Don't know why you insist on slander & falsifying statements about me & my invention or what you've seen or read so you my friend have prompted me to end this thread.

Signing off now for good.

Have a nice day :-)

Edited by Reefmania

Public forum's are always going to be mixed with troll's and facts...it's up to individuals to make intelligent decisions. You are bringing a new innovative product to a well established market with some very knowledgeable people...and some not so knowledgeable people who will always try to tear you down.  If you think your product can do the talking, then walk. But it may be wiser to have some experienced reefers test your product to give some honest feedback. If you are not willing to do that, well then you are basically going to have to back it up some other way than hiring pretty models to pose with your skimmer.

• Like 3

Public forum's are always going to be mixed with troll's and facts...it's up to individuals to make intelligent decisions. You are bringing a new innovative product to a well established market with some very knowledgeable people...and some not so knowledgeable people who will always try to tear you down.  If you think your product can do the talking, then walk. But it may be wiser to have some experienced reefers test your product to give some honest feedback. If you are not willing to do that, well then you are basically going to have to back it up some other way than hiring pretty models to pose with your skimmer.

This is true

Toad Fish, A wise man once said: People fear what they don't understand. It makes them angry. It makes them say crazy things. It makes them want to burn people at the stake. Don't know why you insist on slander & falsifying statements about me & my invention or what you've seen or read so you my friend have prompted me to end this thread.

A wise man once said as well Nothing.

Best to say nothing  :)

I'm bummed that you deleted everything.  I don't think anyone was being personal maybe only seeing what they seen or heard? These are forums and you will have amazing things and you will have things not said the best.  I don't think boards are to attack people only to hear what they see. To say what they saw. Or to post how they feel that's what its about.

Sad that you deleted everything as a consumer I was hoping you would continue to post and get more reviews.

I noticed someone who said they seen this and it didn't work or said most shops wouldn't carry it .

That is his take, but you should have deleted everything and ran off that does show much support for your own product.. Nothing is slander on forums they are free speech.

My only concern with this OR ANY PRODUCT is I need tests.. Not from a DR of something that's what we all do is get a DR to post.  I want actual feed back good and bad.  The fact people say it don't work and talk about it now is feed back is all.

You ever thought maybe to toss one out to maybe 100 people have them run it for 3 months to 6 months if they like they buy at a discount 80% off or free.   If they don't send it back.

Look I wont tell anyone one to do nothing I know what has worked for me and ill leave it at that in my adventures. 

I'm not a big fan of some woman standing in a video doing nothing I would of like seeing this hooked up running to a tank step by step set up and ran.

As I said only time will tell how good it is and hey if its good down the road with great reviews then I'm all in :)

If you ever run tests of wanting people to run test for you then id hook up another tank and get one started (Not my established tank) But another one start from scratch build it up see how it goes.

Whatever happens I do hope for the best I said before many times I love new inventions .  I wish you would not have deleted everything that makes me wonder if you had something to hide or something al ready failed?

A wise man once said.

You don't get rich at Work.

You get rich by doing your homework.

Edited by StayPuff

A wise man once said that if you throw a fit and delete your thread in response to a single post from a single person, it makes it look like there could be some truth to it.

As others have noted, if you have a quality product that works like you say, you should stand up for it, get an experienced reefer to test it and then report the results to the community.

Edited by Lexinverts
  • Like 2

So did the woman in the video NOT put the skimmer together, and then fire to up? You guys are all jumping this guy's case, and for what? Because it's a new design and it's out of your price range? It's something that might not make sense to you? Whoever said a good skimmer starts at 100 dollars is smoking some good stuff and I'd like a sack of that! The skimmer on my 10 gallon cost double that and in my very experienced opinion, it's not that great of a skimmer. No one in here knows whether this will work well or not. What happened to supporting members and maybe reaching out and offering him a tank to run it on, so we can give an educated and experienced opinion?

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

So did the woman in the video NOT put the skimmer together, and then fire to up? You guys are all jumping this guy's case, and for what? Because it's a new design and it's out of your price range? It's something that might not make sense to you? Whoever said a good skimmer starts at 100 dollars is smoking some good stuff and I'd like a sack of that! The skimmer on my 10 gallon cost double that and in my very experienced opinion, it's not that great of a skimmer. No one in here knows whether this will work well or not. What happened to supporting members and maybe reaching out and offering him a tank to run it on, so we can give an educated and experienced opinion?

Where does the water exit off this thing? Part of being a skimmer means it skims and returns water that's what I have been taught and iv been doing this for 25 years.

Having some lady show you something that you cant even understand means nothing there are many questions to be answered and I don't think one person in here is jumping anyone lol just giving there thoughts and wondering about questions which many need to be added.

BTW the link above shows it down to 500.00 but it's not about the price I myself have reached out to this guy asking if he would like me to test and id set up a new tank for it.

If people are going to sell then people are going to ask questions not just look a video with some woman and say ill buy :)

Although she is cute still don't get my money :) I need results and testing and I mentioned I would help.

If I bought everything in some video that some woman showed me I would never have a life or have the things I have now lol

Edited by StayPuff

I'm not sure where you got the idea that the club did not support this guy. We just asked him a few question regarding how it worked. Your post reads like you didn't really read this thread, since most of the comments were positive.

Now, today, some of us have criticized this fellow for deleting the entire thread after one person posted a negative comment.

• Like 1

Lex- If you consider people bashing the price before even understanding how it works, or seeing an unbiased review, making snark comments about the skimmer itself etc support than more power to you man. You're not one that I have any desire talking to about much of anything on here. You're passive aggressive and you don't have the balls to admit it. You bash a lot of threads in this forum just like the kid selling corals not long ago your even managed to piss him off.

Stay puff I totally agree with you. People want to see results and you reaching out of him offering what you offered is great! Let's hope he will give you or someone the chance to test this thing and see if it's worth the 500 smackaroos or if it's just another skimmer.

There have been a lot of positive comments and there have been a lot of snark comments. Not questions just flat out "pffff for 500 dollars it better basically hand clean my glass and cook me dinner" 500 on a skimmer is not unrealistic. Especially when most of us go out and spend 2 grand just putting a tank, stand, canopy, etc together.

Lex- If you consider people bashing the price before even understanding how it works, or seeing an unbiased review, making snark comments about the skimmer itself etc support than more power to you man. You're not one that I have any desire talking to about much of anything on here. You're passive aggressive and you don't have the balls to admit it. You bash a lot of threads in this forum just like the kid selling corals not long ago your even managed to piss him off.

What on earth are you talking about? Bashing threads? I guess if I am passive aggressive that makes you aggressive aggressive. :D

Meh I'm actually quite easy to get along with, but I don't blend well with people who stir the pot constantly, and your sir are one of those people. Just like the gun thread, the new rules thread, the kid selling corals thread, etc you always want to poke the bear.

If he doesn't like what I said about his product,  I welcome him to come back at me with actual proof against my skepticism of his claims.  Show me proof.  I have handled your product,  I've seen the video,  I have listened to your sales pitch.  I'm all for the little guy making something great and new but this just doesn't cut it.  Too many people in this hobby spend tons of money on faulty equipment,  only to give up and sell their tank.  So if you have something that can make the hobby easier for people.  Go for it.  But you can't make such bold claims with no actual facts.  Give me one of these,  I'll throw it in my sump and make a weekly video of it for a month,  post it here and then I'll give it back to you.  

Edited by KyleSproul