Ocean Swipe - Dreaming Of Dry Arms

TheClark

Well, being totally honest, probably the only thing I hate about the hobby is laying on the tank wet up to the armpits scraping algae out of the DT.

Been waiting for the Ocean Swipe, their kick starter, it finally begins today:

Overview

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/715608756/ocean-swipe-360-the-robot-cleaner-your-aquarium-de

Video 

https://d2pq0u4uni88oo.cloudfront.net/assets/004/898/776/9a32d87859ca3bed48f266cc42f94928_h264_high.mp4

Prices are not in USD, it is cheaper than I thought it would be.

• Can clean aquarium walls, acrylic or glass up to 1 1/4 inch thick.
  • Can go around the corners and clean all four sides of the aquarium.
  • Can be programmed to move around objects such as pumps.
  • Wireless network communications.
  • Fully customizable cleaning schedule. Can be programmed to clean multiple times in a day/week if desired. 
  • The acceleration and deceleration of the cleaning brush can be programmed so that it will not create waves at the top or disturb sand at the bottom.
  • Runs on a lithium ion battery pack.
  • An intelligent charging/balancing battery system.
  • A charged battery can clean a 350 gallon aquarium in 12 minutes and recharge itself in 35 minutes. It can run for one and a half hours without recharging.
  • Molded tracks are installed on the top and bottom of the aquarium, guiding the robot so that it can go around the corners and clean all four sides of the aquarium.
  • The molded tracks come in kits and snap together in a staggered method, providing maximum strength. See video on installation of tracks.
  • Like 2

I saw a tank in Louisville KY more than 10 years ago that had an auto cleaning system.  The tank was cylindrical and about 2' in diameter.  There was a central PVC tube that acted as an overflow and return.  All of the rock and coral was stacked in the middle  and the whole tank rotated slowly.  On the outside of the tank was a screw drive that raised a mag cleaner up and down to the limits of the tank.  The owner than put the inside piece of the mag cleaner over the outside piece and the complete tank was cleaned.  I always thought that you could put up a rack on the outside that had two dimensional movement and automate your mag cleaner on a rectangular face.

• Like 1