Hello, new here

kattz

Hello, my name is Kevin and I'm posting here with the interest of making a purchase from a member here.

I live in SW Ohio and currently have a 90g mixed reef, but am soon shutting that down because we are moving to a new house I had built for my wife, who has advanced MS.  I am searching the 'Net looking for items to set up a 300DD reef and a 150DD FOWLR with fish room.  Because $ is scarce, I am picking up all of my equipment as "gently used".

The 150DD will house non-reef-safe fish, and the 300DD will be a full-on closed-loop reef system.  The plan is to cut out the overflows on the 300DD and use the openings for a Sea Squirt unit for circulation in the live rock through the openings in the bottom from the original overflows, and use ""ghost-overflow type" overflows on the end walls of the 300.  Dry rock will be used to provide aquascaping, and this will be "Christmas-tree mounted" in the tank on plain Lowe's pavers so that there are free-standing sculptures in the middle of the tank.  This will leave the back wall of the tank completely unobstructed so that it can be shadowboxed with acrylic and a 72" T5 bulb or dimmable blue LED strip to make the tank stretch out into infinity.  The bottom of the tank will be made of untreated travertine tile and no sand.

Anyway, that's all about me and why I am here. 

I have been reefing for about 10 years. I'm retired USAF in case anyone would want to know.  Happy to be able to access the site and also to tell you that it's very nice here!

Best,

Kevin

Welcome to the Club Kevin! There are tons of people on this forum selling stuff all the time, just post what you're looking for and usually someone has it laying around. We all tend to hoard reefing supplies lol! I look forward to seeing your tank builds come together!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Paratore