What do you think about the Ecotech Vectra?

BeasileyBub

(I'll probably not end up buying it)

I'm in need of a sump pump for a new tank set up and I couldn't help but consider the Vectra. However, for the price I'm not sure if it's worth it and wanted to see what all you lovely people happen to think about it? 

I don't have a battery back, or a reef link, up but I do have an MP40 QD. Overall there isn't much benefit in the way of linking equipment. I did read that it has pretty cool controls that you can program yourself. 

Reef Octopus has their own model, Reef Octopus RODC Controllable Water Pump, and it seems less flashy but for half the price why not? 

I have no experience with them, they look intriguing! However...

Beating a dead horse here... but I still love Jebao pumps, still recommend them as a good value.  For the price you can easily have a spare.  You can also buy a battery pack for them as well.  I run mine off of a computer UPS if the power goes out..

I have no experience with them, they look intriguing! However...

Beating a dead horse here... but I still love Jebao pumps, still recommend them as a good value.  For the price you can easily have a spare.  You can also buy a battery pack for them as well.  I run mine off of a computer UPS if the power goes out..

I haven't had the best experience with them un fortunately. But perhaps based on the price point it's time for me to consider trying them again. I have a sump pump but it's being used in the tank that I'm switching over from. So it's one of those get it set up and then harvest the best pump from the two systems. 

I have a bunch of different return pumps for sale

If you want to send me a PM that would be great. I'm half looking for a temporary solution while I get the new system set up. You'd have to be able to ship and accept paypal as I'm down in the nether regions of Corvallis. 

"Worlds smartest return pump". What am i missing...why does a return pump need to be smart? Imo a return pump at thus price should be incredibly reliable. What does a return pump need to do? Run. I have not seen them or tested them, so i can only say that they look beautiful and are way more than i would spend for a dc return pump that doesn't really boast anything revolutionary except programability with reeflink, pretty colors and a cool name. Compared to other pumps in this class, it seems overpriced. But, if you like the prettiest pumps, and cool gadgets, it may be for you.

Edited by Mandinga

I think if you're using a closed loop it might be worth it for the random flow, also being controlled through an Apex would be nice. As a standard single speed return pump, it's just fancy but doesn't make the flow better. Time will tell though.

Yeah, the price point is totally out of control for the concept of a simple pump. I read somewhere that the pump was able to be programmed by the user, if they have the skill set to do so. I think a lot of the perks of the pump could be replaced by having an Apex, which I don't have. Such as detecting when you may have a leak with an extra sensor and blah blah blah.