Lets See Some Full Tank Shots! (FTS)

TheClark

May I ask if you are using ZEOVite? LOVE THESE COLORS! I'm planning to use it in my new tank. Is Zeo the right way to go? Thanks!

No Zeo, personally I'm not a fan of the Zeovit method, it involves a lot of daily dosing and a whole bunch of fancy little expensive bottles that nobody knows exactly what's inside. However most of them smell like vinegar...

There's a build thread on here that has a little more info about my system. It's extremely simple no gfo, the only nutrient removal used is filter socks and a skimmer.

http://www.pnwmas.org/topic/32997-upgrade-time/

• Like 2

DSC_5744s.jpg

That's limited edition cyano. ;)  Tank has no sump, skimmer, or filter, except the human one who has been slacking on water changes and dumping way too much food in lately.  :blush:  Given all that, not too shabby.

Upgrade is in its final stages and will be set up before the year is done. Larger tank, sump, skimmer, etc. - basic stuff I skipped out on as a newbie 2.5 years ago. Tank is set up and plumbed, but the sump is still in the works, so a few more weeks to go. I'll definitely start a tank thread once I get there. My old thread was killed in the forum wipeout. (Kind of glad about that. Who likes recalling failures/mishaps/first tank mistakes?)

Edited by Flashy Fins
  • Like 11

Your tank is looking great. How's that bandit doing? Looks like the purple tang wound has healed. Any issues with coral nipping yet?

No problems at all!!! no nip that I have seen and the aggression from the tang stopped after the second day. Now they swim together and race for food but the tang always wins tho lol

• Like 2

DSC_5744s.jpg

That's limited edition cyano. ;) Tank has no sump, skimmer, or filter, except the human one who has been slacking on water changes and dumping way too much food in lately. :blush: Given all that, not too shabby.

Upgrade is in its final stages and will be set up before the year is done. Larger tank, sump, skimmer, etc. - basic stuff I skipped out on as a newbie 2.5 years ago. Tank is set up and plumbed, but the sump is still in the works, so a few more weeks to go. I'll definitely start a tank thread once I get there. My old thread was killed in the forum wipeout. (Kind of glad about that. Who likes recalling failures/mishaps/first tank mistakes?)

The one word that comes to mind is fluffy! I love it! :)

• Like 2

The one word that comes to mind is fluffy! I love it! :)

Thank you! Juicy is how I think of it, but I like fluffy, too! Certainly less suggestive of me snacking on corals. Mmmm, LPS!  :popcorn:

I must say that I really love this tank and the contrasting colors well done!

Thank you! I definitely go for brights when picking out corals, but I also find that having a lot of solid colors helps a tank look more colorful as a whole than stocking the entire thing with corals that have 3-4+ colors per polyp, which are amazing up close, but tend to look far less colorful from a distance. It's also cheaper to sprinkle in the rainbow stuff amongst larger, brightly colored solids. 

• Like 1

Ok killed the pumps to do some LPS feeding and well..............

IMG_1236.jpg

IMG_1233.jpg

Here is a top down also

Notice that nice white frag plug lower left......thanks Bert!

Also notice the difference in pics? Top one was with the yellow glasses bottom one was without...........

Edited by spectra
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

No Zeo, personally I'm not a fan of the Zeovit method, it involves a lot of daily dosing and a whole bunch of fancy little expensive bottles that nobody knows exactly what's inside. However most of them smell like vinegar...

There's a build thread on here that has a little more info about my system. It's extremely simple no gfo, the only nutrient removal used is filter socks and a skimmer.

http://www.pnwmas.org/topic/32997-upgrade-time/

i love his tank favorite on the form shhhh! I love the design and modern look[emoji7]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk