New Tank Lemonade Versa 42

spectra

Not sure on the clear. Kind of thinking of a white wash look maybe where the grain can come through. Only issue with clear is one of the panels is kind of messed up. It looks good from abut 8 feet :laugh: But if you look you might see it.....

White wash...nice...  That's got my vote.

Not sure on the clear. Kind of thinking of a white wash look maybe where the grain can come through. Only issue with clear is one of the panels is kind of messed up. It looks good from abut 8 feet :laugh: But if you look you might see it.....

A dark color would make the aquarium stand out. Why don't you just apply a dark stain to the wood, then clear coat it? That way you see the grains of the wood, and hide any unwanted mistakes.

A dark color would make the aquarium stand out. Why don't you just apply a dark stain to the wood, then clear coat it? That way you see the grains of the wood, and hide any unwanted mistakes.

Kind of tired of the dark stands you always see. The last one I did is black and looks great but just not sure on the dark stuff anymore.

No mistakes either the ply was just not up to par in one spot for my liking.

Going to stop tonight and get some stain and play with some scrap wood to see what I like. I will probably try both light and dark to see what happens.

• 2 weeks later...

We need to see a larger sample size =)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Well my lazy butt did not get out in the garage today........Might need one more coat on it. Hell what it takes to make it look that way is nuts! Probably 5 coats of stain on there then sand and then clear.....

That looks great !

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Yeah it is a process I will say that.....was out tonight sanding on the main cover and had to put on a little more stain did not like how it was coming off......now I wait for stain to dry.... :rolleyes:

I still need to make a door and not sure what style I want to go with........

I love it, Scott. Really turned out nice. One-of-a-kind.

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

Thanks!

You do very nice stand work Scott!

It is rustic looking and that helps as it is not perfect :laugh: But that's kind of what I was after......

Now onto figuring out a light mount.....

Tank is sitting doing a leak test now with a heater and power head in it.

Here is the sump not going to be much room in the cabinet.......IMG_1355.jpg

Edited by spectra

• 2 weeks later...

Well made a mount.......still need to mount the light and paint it but.......

IMG_1382.jpg

And the rock work  I am running with..... I have rock out of the 20 but there are a few spots of bubble algae and I do not want to take the chance.....Am going to nuke crap coming into the new tank.......

IMG_1378.jpg

• Like 3

I'm so jealous that tank is perfect! I also wanted to build a stand for a new tank to save money but I'm just worried about building it and then it falling apart because my tank is to heavy, that would be a disaster. Color choice is on point though. it's definitely going to be a one of a kind masterpiece! I can't wait to see the final look!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1