Zeo system

momo3419

I have been doing some research into the Zeovit system. Does anyone here run the system or know someone who does or used to?

Other then the reactor and the handful additives what else needed? What needs to be taken off my current system?

I know this is vague but Im just starting to look into the system to figure out exactly how much its gonna cost as well as the day to day routine. I was looking at the avast vibe reactor anyone know much on it? 

Thanks in advance!

I skimmed 3 pages out of the first 5 and read enough warnings that would make me scared unless I was starting out on an entirely NW tank.

Let us know if you get into it, I know there have been folks in the past that are not here much anymore that ran zeo-to complex for me ;)

Edited by reefnjunkie

I read in to it to but I was not a fan of the half bleached look the sps got I like the deep dark colors more looks more natural to me. Plus you suck every thing out of the water just to have to replace it seemed like a lot of work.. I am more of a kiss kinda Reefer tho.

I have been doing some research into the Zeovit system. Does anyone here run the system or know someone who does or used to?

Other then the reactor and the handful additives what else needed? What needs to be taken off my current system?

I know this is vague but Im just starting to look into the system to figure out exactly how much its gonna cost as well as the day to day routine. I was looking at the avast vibe reactor anyone know much on it? 

Thanks in advance!

I've used Zeovit in the past without issues.  However you must maintain strict parameters (within the range specified by KZ) or else you can lose corals.  It is a system that needs daily attention; pumping the zeolite stones and dosing one or two of the products eg Zeostart on a daily basis, Zeobac 2-3 times a week.  Other times 2-3 times a week you need to dose some of the colour enhancing products.  

It is a system that requires patience and careful observation.  

There are a few members on the Zeovit forum who will advise dosing schedules etc for you.  I've been a member there for some years.  

However, me despite being from Europe, I prefer the American taste in how SPS corals should look; deep strong colours.  The pale and thin tissue appearance is not my thing.  

I have used a modified version of the system on my current tank at the start to reduce nutrients and it works extremely well.  

Lastly, depending on tank size, at least initially, it can be very expensive.  The products however, are mostly very concentrated.  

• Like 1