So... What's up with your tank?

TheClark

• 5 months later...

On my nuvo10 nothing new... on my nuvo20..hmmmm yeah where to start. Well finally got my alk dialed in which is great.. but then I ended up with a beautiful bloom of cyanobacteria and dinos which was awesome. After months of fighting it I'm slowly winning. Only to get a special break out of what I believe to be bryopsis. Yep good times are rolling.. so I now am getting that slowly to die off and yep checked my mag. and it was low I'm pretty sure that helped the out break. But that is getting adjusted. I was really looking at my tank and realized that I no longer have a cleaning crew. Well I have had that crew for over 3 years,so I need to get a new cleaning crew as well. Ahhh and let's not forget the random aiptasia that just seems to appear. But in NOT giving up I will fix this!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

This last week I finally got up the nerve to try fragging on two of my favorite corals. The first was my JF Jack o lantern which I just used bone cutters to break up the plug. One frag became eight frags. The second was my Oregon mummy eye chalice which I used a razor and hammer to cut up. The first swing wasn't on a very solid surface which caused everything to bounce. In turn this resulted in the next swing hammering the razor through the tip of my finger. A little bit of blood later, I now have six frags of it.

Tanks are both running really well lately. Finally got an ATO installed recently and have been wondering why I didn't do that a lot sooner.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Added a second return pump.

Not for flow, rather for redundancy.  

One time, a return pump died when I was boarding a plane.  My dad swapped it out, but it was unnerving waiting to land to see how it went.

With two pumps there is protection.

The tank will keep going if one return pump dies.  That means heated, filtered dosed water circulates to the DT even when one pump is down.  

After a test, I can say the overflows are noisy but indeed the system runs fine on one return.

I had a lettuce Nudribranch spawn babies!

I've counted 4 at once before

00857B5A-75BD-4252-BD09-DFF6D751E5C6_zps

Mama

5054C1B2-5791-4186-96FD-D7E3AC782C64_zps

Awesome! Do you sell them?? I don't know much about them but if they're reef safe and you sell them I'll buy one!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G360AZ using Tapatalk