So... What's up with your tank?

TheClark

New skimmer

installed today - Bubble Magus B10

So far I like it..

http://www.bubble-magus.com/productinfo.aspx?id=539

634969DC6362E72B81F8F7B4CBCFC5D435B8E370

Also.... Playing with T5 supplemental lighting.

Gotta say it is easy on the eyes.

Thanks to Jason at OIAB, he has it setup with his kessils.

Looks nice. Hooked me.

You can play for 50 bucks, fun experiment. Stop by and see it...

Skimmer is doing good!

aa01d75f65c9deb4a2b07c08904c21d1.jpg

44d4a432559cefc066d70ad90393f73c.jpg

750c0d4ed434d02b734d6831bea6eadb.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

T5s

T5 supplemental lights are cool!  I like the even glow, it really filled in the frag tank.  

Time will tell if the corals give a rip but I sure like the way it look blended with the leds.  Added two 48" blues over an 8' frag tank.

Frag Racks

Built new frag racks. Vermatid snails had built up on the old ones.

Don't believe it if someone says they never hurt zoas, they definitely can irritate them to death under some circumstances.

Old racks get vinegar bath, good as new.  Will keep rotating them.

post-15577-0-84183200-1461177043_thumb.jpg. I will be selling 95% of everything in this tank that isn't an acro. Even a couple of those gots to go. I think I have 5 Oregon tortes in there as of now. I still have about 5 more pieces of it to add. I have a half dozen other sticks coming in the near future. But other than that nothing new.

Thank you, I forgot something that's also new to my tank.

Not killing stuff is fairly new to me. I like it but it doesn't allow me to continually purchase corals. When they live and grow I find that you end up running out of room.

This is  why I need to sell my monties and zoas and maybe acans, a hammer a couple acros maybe a clam or two and anything else that will get in my way of my stiks. maybe 3 chalices.

I do have top keep a frog spawn due to a clown deciding to host something after a year.

Not sure why everything is underlined but I don't have the time to fix it, sorry.

Edited by fishboys
  • Like 1

I recently added 2 AI hydra26HD to one frag tank (on the fence about adding a 3rd) and have switched to a new magic potion, I've also been experiencing my acros growing like crazy.

I was gout to start a thread in the emergency section.....

"HELP!!!!!.....my acros are growing to fast"

:)

Edited by reefnjunkie

I also have some corals growning very very fast. They must be getting ready to die. I was looking at a picture from march and compaired it to now and its similar to your growth Mr.Junkie.

Problem is it's a coral I don't care about. Isn't that always the case. If you don't care about it, it grows like a weed, if you want it grow it might actually shrink.

Edited by fishboys
  • Like 1

I recently added 2 AI hydra26HD to one frag tank (on the fence about adding a 3rd) and have switched to a new magic potion, I've also been experiencing my acros growing like crazy.

I was gout to start a thread in the emergency section.....

"HELP!!!!!.....my acros are growing to fast"

:)

You dirty dog.  Magic potions, new lights and emergency super growth.  Can I post in the emergency forum for being super jealous?

• Like 1

f59a92b9b509f5e193106495debcf4e6.jpg about 3 days of skimmate

Today I drained my sump completely and sucked all the crud out with my shop vac. I wish I would have taken a before picture but here is an after. There was a coat of just crud on the heater, skimmer base, and floor of the sump. 5ebf0f845a864c4e33825d02c66475a0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

well there is something new with my tank.  it's back up and running with water and rock.  picture is of course a lot bluer than in person.  I took the tank down in November to start over and it's been running for a couple weeks.  no fish or corals yet but have been adding bacteria to get the cycle going.  this is my first try at aquascaping it.  might change things a little and the tunze pumps on the back wall will be raised up.  

http://26799037706_80b615fccb_k.jpg0504160716b by kilmca, on Flickr

• Like 5

well there is something new with my tank.  it's back up and running with water and rock.  picture is of course a lot bluer than in person.  I took the tank down in November to start over and it's been running for a couple weeks.  no fish or corals yet but have been adding bacteria to get the cycle going.  this is my first try at aquascaping it.  might change things a little and the tunze pumps on the back wall will be raised up.  

http://26799037706_80b615fccb_k.jpg0504160716b by kilmca, on Flickr

What is that that is turning your powerheads?

thanks guys!

the thing turning the Tunze pumps are called Sea Sweeps and they are made by the same company that makes Sea Swirls.  i'm really happy with them and i like that i can move them around the tank without having to mess with plumbing.  i can also put them in locations where it might be tough to run plumbing. 

• Like 1

Sweet Tank Calvin-so envious, all that emptiness :) to fill

Newest additions were a second WP25 on two of the frag tanks controlled by the dual controller-a lot more control with the dual controllers I found. The new WPs had a different look to the magnets too, not the removable rubber piece like in the past, I like the new design much better.

Added a Hydra52 HD to the 2 Hydra 26 HDs over another frag tank, running high UV, RB, Blue-actual high in all colors but the red/green.. That tank is a little excessive hahaha

Picked up a MRC CR-2 calcium reactor for the QT system and ditching the dosing system.

Picked up a Apex Jr and extra DC-8 for that system too-thanks Frank!

I think that covers it :) ( not counting coral of course)

• Like 1

Circle back later and post if you see a reduction in NO3, I swear that's what has kept my tank as low as it is. I clean my skimmer cup about once every 3 months maybe longer :)

You'll like that addition!

Thanks Brad will do!