So... What's up with your tank?

TheClark

Old temporary durso plumbing.

The tank would drain 100% of its water into the refugium, then into the sump. Returning via twin Quite one 1200's, this made for a bunch of unwanted noise. Also I couldn't use my filter sock so the sump would fill with crud quick.

e5bb0125c05241b6fce4c7d0c262f46d.jpg

New plumbing feeds right to the sump herbie method. so now I can use my filter sock. Only draw back is I now have to feed my refugium with a separate pump from the sump water. Which has now already been skimmed. Don't pay attention to that 3/8ths hose feeding the refugium, it's only temporary. This weekend it's going to be replaced with one of the Quite one 1200's with a 1/2" over the rim return elbow.

Drains and returns.

d40bacb8467340488a17d00b18b0b617.jpg

New plumbing

44347f7869476a8a25b88b28e8f2670c.jpg

5ec00747f9dc5264b8a7a72571a2caaf.jpg

Refugium with a Craftsman 2700k CFL drop light over it.

Also cut a new glass top from an old 40b. I tried two different acrylic covers but both bowed real bad.

4e1c9a6394aa6b5a2a2977da3ff85034.jpg

Needless to say space is a premium under my tank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Absolutely nothing. Completely uninterested in it these days :( a huge tricolor colony has grown an attached itself to the front glass, looks like [language filter]. Not sure why I'm so meh about it these days. Idk, maybe winter will help. Need to trim some of this stuff up and get at it. I Have a garbage can of bubbling fresh water change sitting in my living room for a week now. Quit slacking pete!

• Like 2

My tank has been on a roll. Not a good roll mind you but a roll. I payed a heavy price for not dipping and my tank got monti eating nudies. So all of my montis are gone. This was about 6 weeks ago. I just got back from a 24 day holiday and I lost a bunch of if not all of my sps.{some still hanging on by a very thin thread}I am down to only  my Oregon tort ibut it is on a razors edge. Everything soft is in the clear as are the fish and acans. I had purchased rock from random people on line, all from this site. I think some are leaching out phosphates which has created a battle that I wasn't ready for.

I am on the verge of throwing in the towel. Every problem I have is my fault, I blame no one except myself.  So if your new to this hobby please don't follow in my footsteps. Make sure and dip every coral and make sure you know where your rock is coming from. I had done most every other thing correct, but my mistakes were major mistakes. . Troy

• Like 1

I finally got my dosing all dialed in really haven't done much to the tank other than refill the ato and the cal and alk dosing. Going to do a big 25 gallon water change soon and maybe get some more fish and inverts. I'm down to 4 fish :( something was killing them or they were dieing for some reason or another. Also have some fragging to do!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

added another yuma... the two yumas that survived the previous tank disaster (choose your tank sitters wisely!) seem to be recovering well... one's a pink and the other is a turquioise/orange and I've come to the conclusion that both are the sun worshipping medium-flow type.

my ruby red dragonet bonded with my randall's pistol shrimp, so probably not going to add a yasha at this point lol.

also I've been trying to catch this ~4" red bristleworm (fireworm?) for like the past week and it's getting ridiculous. that may seem small to some of you guys but this tank is only 19" across  :laugh:

• Like 2

added another yuma... the two yumas that survived the previous tank disaster (choose your tank sitters wisely!) seem to be recovering well... one's a pink and the other is a turquioise/orange and I've come to the conclusion that both are the sun worshipping medium-flow type.

my ruby red dragonet bonded with my randall's pistol shrimp, so probably not going to add a yasha at this point lol.

also I've been trying to catch this ~4" red bristleworm (fireworm?) for like the past week and it's getting ridiculous. that may seem small to some of you guys but this tank is only 19" across :laugh:

You need one of these.

5855b155b31a60bcd385f6f8eb13a7e2.jpg

• Like 1

Scored this.

06bbfbfab5479249047220cffdf08027.jpg

And this.

7027a998bbbda8afabb01d47eb86e216.jpg

From the Goodwill.

The UPS has a build date of 10/2013. I tested the battery and it's good for now. My plans are using it as a DIY project and hooking it to a way larger battery, Also a solar panel.

The other is a exo terra 18" duel mogul socket light fixture. I put 5k CFL bulbs in it and placed it above my refugium. It fits perfect and looks way better then the craftsman drop light. The drop light was replacing my last DIY led lighting option that failed miserably.

• Like 1