So... What's up with your tank?

TheClark

cleaned the glass. :applause:  Traded in some GSP, pulsing xenia and chateo for ro water. Still being lazy about mounting my OR over my tank. Now if your speaking about in my mind............wellllllllllll that's a whole different story.. I upgraded to a 100+ gallon tank (2) in fact. Have all the cool chalices I can get my hands on. Oh and have a dwarf golden eel... LOLOLOL oh an unlimited credit card I never have to pay to get anything I want for my mind tanks.. yep that's what I have been doing... :agree:

• Like 1

We added a big snowflake morey eel.  It's so fun to watch the yellow tang tease him into thinking he's food and then swim quickly away while the eel bites blindly into nothing.  

Ahaha, that is so cool.  Hope the yellow tang doesn't have a slow moment or he will never play that game again!

• Like 1

I set up a Seneye monitor in my office tank, and I have been having fun watching the daily pH swings and the ammonia spikes after I feed the fish.

One thing I noticed is that on weekends when I am not in my office, the pH gets higher during the day than it does when I am in the office puffing CO2 into the air. When I am in the office during the day the pH gets up to 8.3 and when I am gone on a weekend it gets up to 8.43!

Didn't you see this too, Jeremy, with your Apex?

• Like 3

Finally got my 40b running after 2 1/2 years of looking at it collecting dust. So far I have 40b with 15 gal sump running asm mini g skimmer, kessil a360w for light, ecotech return pump. May add another kessil depending on coverage not planning a sps heavy tank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well since you ask I guess I'll share :)

Here are my newest additions still in quarantine:incredible hulk lepto, predator blood favia, jf crazy fox, emerald eye, bazooka joe, pink boobies, purple watermelon and skittles favia. The skittles did not react so well to the iodine dip. I'll stick with bayer..

20151006_193039_zpsump1pc0b.jpg

• Like 3

I set up a Seneye monitor in my office tank, and I have been having fun watching the daily pH swings and the ammonia spikes after I feed the fish.

One thing I noticed is that on weekends when I am not in my office, the pH gets higher during the day than it does when I am in the office puffing CO2 into the air. When I am in the office during the day the pH gets up to 8.3 and when I am gone on a weekend it gets up to 8.43!

Didn't you see this too, Jeremy, with your Apex?

Awesome!  I was wondering if feeding caused a spike, so cool you can see that real time.  How do you like the par meter function?

Yes, when I am gone on vacation, the PH is much higher in the tank per the apex, I really need more fresh air exchange.

Here are my newest additions still in quarantine:incredible hulk lepto, predator blood favia, jf crazy fox, emerald eye, bazooka joe, pink boobies, purple watermelon and skittles favia. The skittles did not react so well to the iodine dip. I'll stick with bayer..

Holy smokes what a haul!  I do iodine on zoas super heavy but never have the guts to try it on an sps.  Didn't know about chalice danger, good to know.  Thanks for sharing.

Finally got my 40b running after 2 1/2 years of looking at it collecting dust. So far I have 40b with 15 gal sump running asm mini g skimmer, kessil a360w for light, ecotech return pump. May add another kessil depending on coverage not planning a sps heavy tank

Way to go, such a good feeling to bring a tank online and that is some nice equipment.  I cannot remember if you have other tanks running currently also?  How do you like the ecotech return pump, which model is it?

Where did you get your pink boobies from? It's not vivid aquarium isnt it? Looks different than mine! Nice collection bud!
  • Like 1

Whoa nice haul Jorge! I miss all my high end chalices! I got a pretty sweet watermelon chalice from Rudy! And yes Jeremy if you drag that bazooka joe I want a piece!

You can count on it!  Hopefully it grows at a decent clip, its my first bazooka joe ever!

• Like 1

Way to go, such a good feeling to bring a tank online and that is some nice equipment. I cannot remember if you have other tanks running currently also? How do you like the ecotech return pump, which model is it?

I currently have a overloaded 14g cube running. The 40 has been going for about a month and a half but just added the skimmer and light a few days a go. I added some zoas the same time as the light as all the levels of ammonia nitrite and nitrate fell off the chart but my wife sent me a pic tonight of a diatom bloom in action and I'm 600 miles away at work (should have listened to the little voice saying patients my friend). As for the ecotech I can't remember exactly what model as I'm away from home this week but if I remember correctly it's around 750 gph

Prep for the big tank swap, I set up a 110 gallon temp tank, moved over a bunch of LPS along with the boulder that the lakers scroll coral is growing on. Its going to tough getting the rest of LPS in the temp system so I bet some will go into the acan system

THEN there are all the fish-it's going to be a busy weekend but I'm really looking forward to the new look with a new rock scape etc

• Like 3

Awesome!  I was wondering if feeding caused a spike, so cool you can see that real time.  How do you like the par meter function?

Yes, when I am gone on vacation, the PH is much higher in the tank per the apex, I really need more fresh air exchange.

The par meter works well, but not for continuous monitoring. You have to change the orientation of the sensor so that it points up at the light in order to get a reading. Since the whole system is about the same price as an apogee meter, it was well worth the purchase.

Edited by Lexinverts