Another school shooting? Really?

Fragged

According to Sherri Shepherd all of our aquariums have what looks like nuclear weaponry under them. Watch the newest Tanked and you'll understand. She was genuinely upset when she seen the sump and reactors.

It's amazing what some people will come up with when they don't know what they're looking at or understand something. I once had a 52" Murry riding mower on a trailer. My mother in law commented, that's real nice that's a dune buggy?

Props to all involved for keeping discussion civil and very interesting. I am a little shocked that more people aren't backing up lex here...this is Portland is it not?

There is just no way the government is going to come and take away my guns, Randy made some excellent points as to why we as citizens need to bear arms. The real threat of a tyrannical leader is far greater than the threat of some mentally unstable kids from the suburbs.

These are our rights, given to us by our forefathers and protected by thousands and thousands of soldiers who have given their lives to protect these rights. I hold them dear to my heart and I believe we should protect them with everything that we have....

• Like 4

And Lex, I realize you are not saying we should take away guns completely, but to just regulate them… And I think a lot of people are in agreement with you, but also a lot of people would like to see gun ownership taken away completely… That's what I'm referring to.

Edited by Mandinga

Props to all involved for keeping discussion civil and very interesting. I am a little shocked that more people aren't backing up lex here...this is Portland is it not?

There is just no way the government is going to come and take away my guns, Randy made some excellent points as to why we as citizens need to bear arms. The real threat of a tyrannical leader is far greater than the threat of some mentally unstable kids from the suburbs.

These are our rights, given to us by our forefathers and protected by thousands and thousands of soldiers who have given their lives to protect these rights.  I hold them dear to my heart and I believe we should protect them with everything that we have....

p

Yes it is portland but out side the city limits its all farm land conservative republican red necks with gun lifted trucks dirt bikes and tractors on the high ways.  Guns are a big part of this for control pests (coyotes deer rodents ect) ar style rifes work well for this.

And Lex, I realize you are not saying we should take away guns completely, but to just regulate them… And I think a lot of people are in agreement with you, but also a lot of people would like to see gun ownership taken away completely… That's what I'm referring to.

What I think you're missing is the value that gun ownership adds to the American society. Personal protection, hunting, recreation, but most of all a balance of power. Sure, in today's society a tyrannical leader seems so far from reality, but...what if?

The only reason why I fight against gun control is because the government has a really bad habit of as soon as he gets a hold on something it goes all the way in banned it all and all the sudden we are being force to give up all the guns not just the ar/ak rifles. And this is the fear of most of the gun Community

Soon as the United States government gets involved in anything is goes down hill. They have good intentions at first, then money and power overtakes the powers to be. Then we end up like Mexico. Then the governments in charge of everything we do.

Lex commented that Mexico was a third world country. I believe he maybe wrong with that statement. Numbering the country's were to define ether they were, or were not going to align them selves with NATO during the Cold War. Mexico is as advanced as any other western countries. They have Home Depot's, iPhone's and high speed internet just like we do. What they don't have is people that are not afraid of there government.

Soon as the United States government gets involved in anything is goes down hill. They have good intentions at first, then money and power overtakes the powers to be. Then we end up like Mexico. Then the governments in charge of everything we do.

Lex commented that Mexico was a third world country. I believe he maybe wrong with that statement. Numbering the country's were to define ether they were, or were not going to align them selves with NATO during the Cold War. Mexico is as advanced as any other western countries. They have Home Depot's, iPhone's and high speed internet just like we do. What they don't have is people that are not afraid of there government.

third_world_map.jpg

• Like 2

LMAO!!!  Mexico is not a 'thrid world' country!!!!  

They are up to date with technology and growth...  just a FYI those terms are not really applicable anymore.  Some countries definitely fall under that category...  but Mexico does not....  I mean seriously... look at that map you posted!!!  Brazil!!  Third world!?!?!  they may be one messed up country.... but they are far from what would be classified as 'third world'!!!

not only did they just host the World Cup... but Brazil is hosting the summer Olympics.... 

LMAO!!! Mexico is not a 'thrid world' country!!!!

They are up to date with technology and growth... just a FYI those terms are not really applicable anymore. Some countries definitely fall under that category... but Mexico does not.... I mean seriously... look at that map you posted!!! Brazil!! Third world!?!?! they may be one messed up country.... but they are far from what would be classified as 'third world'!!!

not only did they just host the World Cup... but Brazil is hosting the summer Olympics....

Ha Ha Ha! :D

But, I'm not sure why you are laughing so hard. Mexico and the rest of central America are classified as "developing" by the UN. Third (not 'thrid' Haha) world is an older term, often used as a synonym of developing, but "developing" is the more correct term to use. Brazil is also a "developing country." I've been to both Mexico and Brazil and I can tell you that having Home Depots and Iphones does not a developed country make. It has a lot to do with the quality of institutions in the country.

Here's the classification at the UN:

http://unstats.un.org/unsd/methods/m49/m49regin.htm#developed

I stand by my original point: It is apples and oranges to compare gun laws in Mexico and Brazil with the USA, and that is why reputable researchers, such as the ones at Harvard only compare us with developed countries.

Edited by Lexinverts

LMAO!!!  Mexico is not a 'thrid world' country!!!!  

They are up to date with technology and growth...  just a FYI those terms are not really applicable anymore.  Some countries definitely fall under that category...  but Mexico does not....  I mean seriously... look at that map you posted!!!  Brazil!!  Third world!?!?!  they may be one messed up country.... but they are far from what would be classified as 'third world'!!!

First World

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_World

Second World

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_World

Third World

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_World

the map I posted still looks pretty current.

Why do you believe Harvard is reputable?

Great question.

Here's the latest world university rankings:

http://www.usnews.com/education/best-global-universities/rankings

Harvard is ranked #1 in the world.

Much of what we know regarding cancer, heart disease, diabetes, alzheimers, etc.... comes from researchers at Harvard or from researchers who were trained at Harvard.

If you are ever diagnosed with any serious illness, I really hope you treat the recommendations from your doctor (that came from the Harvard research) with less skepticism than you give their findings regarding gun safety.

Edited by Lexinverts

I pretty sure citing Wiki is a sure fire way to lose credibility

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or the UN. A building full of the worst human rights violators in the world that want to tell us how to live. We should have booted that bunch of thugs years ago.

What I don't understand, is why people that think this country sucks so bad, stay here. There are so many gun free utopian societies, pick one and go. I will pitch in toward a ONE WAY plane ticket for you. Leave us freedom loving Americans alone.

• Like 1

What I don't understand, is why people that think this country sucks so bad, stay here. There are so many gun free utopian societies, pick one and go. I will pitch in toward a ONE WAY plane ticket for you. Leave us freedom loving Americans alone.

Saying that our country has some big problems that we need to work on to fix is not the same as saying that our country "sucks."

in fact, there are a lot of things that we do really well that the rest of the world tries to emulate. As an example, our medical research, our aircraft technology, computer / high tech industry, and university system are the envy of the world.

Our gun record is not something the rest of the world wants to learn from, however. Just because I think there are things we can improve here does not mean that I should move to France. That's like me suggesting that you move to Somalia (a "government free" zone) if you don't like some things about our government.

Edited by Lexinverts
  • Like 1

Was just talking with my friend Edgar from work about this thread. He is from Oaxaca Mexico about as far south as one can get. He confirmed to me that most of not all of Mexico is updated just like us. He wants to visit his home and take his family, also take his dad a new work truck. But is afraid to drive it down there. His brother about 6 months ago got robbed (at gun point) on his way there. They would have taken everything if his brother wouldn't have hidden money at the bottom of a nocho chip bag. He said they take anything of any value other then the car. He told me flat out its like this because common people can't fight back. Common people down there get walked on by the government and criminals alike.