PowderBlue

Ever just sit and add up your tanks "cost" it may shock you!

I walked downstairs last night to see my ATO float stuck wide open and my tank about 2 mm from overflowing. Luckily I run the water level fairly high so the salinity only dropped to 1.023 instead of the 1.026 I normally run it at. It got my thinking about how much could of died so I was bored a little later in the night and added up everything in just a 10 gallon setup... pretty crazy what we dump into these things. What's nice is the fact we are lucky enough to have so many members who are extremely generous when it comes to pricing out frags and such. Take some time one night, sit in front of the tank, like we always do, and sketch out an approximate "value" of your tank, equipment, fish and coral, it may blow your mind haha!

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Right at 3k for mine, that's just the equipment!

Edit: I forgot about the 6 stage Ro/Di I just bought $329!

Edited by matty
  • Like 1

I saved every last reciept for livestocck and equipment once, on the new setup at the time after 6 months I Was over 4K. I don't do that anymore :laugh:

• Like 2

I've been creating a list the whole time I've had a tank of how much I spend on equipment and livestock. I have a 100 gallon. But I think it's a nice reality check. It's crazy how it adds up over time!

I have 900 dollars into 3 lights for a fusion 20 and still not sure what way I want to go......

Adding up the rest would just put me over the edge :laugh:

The tank is always the cheap parts its the rest of the stuff that adds up......

I wow that was a bad idea $3000+ in just tank and equipment that is being used to run the system

Dose NOT include!!!

extra equipment

Live rock/ sand

Coral

Fish

Inverts

Adds up quick I'm around 600 In equipment for just a 1o gallon All in one, corals, rocks, all that crap I'd say in the 12 to 1400 range.

Edited by PowderBlue

Me fish and coral for sure. I only buy equipment when I first start the tank and if something brakes. I buy coral every time I'm in a shop.

Fish and coral for me adds up to more as well with this tank, on my 70 cube I'd say the equipment added up to more probably