Coral Battle Thread!!!

Blue Z Reef

Love it!

My battles are usually 'oh cripes!' that lobo is eating the other lobo.  Never get out the camera LOL.

Isn't that the truth!

When I see the demise of my corals I always act first and think about the camera later.

I do have a few shots of some warfare but I would have to search some on the old hard drive.

Nice photo by the way, great looking chalices.

• Like 1

It is hard to snap a picture when you are worried about your corals. Here is one I caught of my bubble coral going after my yuma. No corals were hurt in the making of this photo! :)

I actually miss that bubble coral. Such a simple starting coral but had it from the beginning. I may have to get another one. :)

bubblecoral_zpsazlx3zzf.jpg

Got some knock down, drag out coral fight pics? Weapons of Acro destruction? Post them here!

This is about the slowest battle of all time but over the last few months the pink bewbies chalice is "on top" :D About time to break it up and scoot them LOL

56AE2624-6C79-4793-939B-4F2E93E74BAC_zps

Looks like Jabba the hut vs his cousin

Edited by Mandinga
  • Like 1

My carpet anemone is going after everything within a foot radius. Today he is picking on some zoas and montipora capricornus. The third picture shows how far he has to stretch to actually reach them.

157a820253621f6a38c8f12c5b7f5215.jpgada0dd09ae7eae473966f6a695abe1d9.jpg8af4d74a873f4f24cd096c54253c7b2d.jpg

Now I have to put the camera down and move things. Again.

• Like 3

My carpet anemone is going after everything within a foot radius. Today he is picking on some zoas and montipora capricornus. The third picture shows how far he has to stretch to actually reach them.

157a820253621f6a38c8f12c5b7f5215.jpgada0dd09ae7eae473966f6a695abe1d9.jpg8af4d74a873f4f24cd096c54253c7b2d.jpg

Now I have to put the camera down and move things. Again.

That was the reason I got rid of my huge carpet, I was moving on to SPS and didn't want him to kill them. But he did go to a good home in a much larger tank then mine.