How to use 1.25" return

Higher Thinking

Hey everyone, quick question.

For those of you with large return pipe diameter (or knowledge of them), how are you bringing the water back into the tank?

I don't want to reduce much as I already have a couple 90 degree turns. I am not finding loc-lines for 1.25". I can't even locate a decent Y-split from 1.25" to two .75". I already have loc-lines for .75". As of now I just have a pipe running up the back.

Is teeing off and then reducing the only option? I would appreciate any thoughts. Thanks all!

Edited by Higher Thinking

You won't, I have not heard or seen a 1.25" loc-line, but you can find a 1.25" or better 1.5" into 2x 1" Y , then bush down to 3/4" adapter from a hot tub store

413-4120if.jpg

on the 1.5" side you'll have to "bushing" from 1.5" to 1.25"

GL

http://www.spadepot.com/shop/Tees-Wyes-C727.aspx?UserID=129147430&SessionID=b1ZhLsrSSj7TE56XA9YZ

just one place on line - many more

I'm doing 1.5in that is reduced down to 1in with a Y piece. Then I'm just gluing in a couple pieces to get from 1in to .75in for my two return lines.

It's just like putting together puzzle pieces. You can basically get to/from any size you want - just a matter of getting the right reducers in there. I just took a piece to the hardware store and lived in the PVC aisle trying to piece together the entire thing on the floor. Still ended up with a bag of extra joints and stuff, but there's always something new to build.

Thanks for the feedback. The problem is that neither Home Depot or Ace has those Y pieces. I searched online for a 1.25, but only found it on one website and it was pretty expensive and so was shipping. It would have cost like $25 to get it to me. Seemed pretty crazy. That link looks like I can get one shipped for $16. Still a hefty price for one piece that still needs reductions.

Thanks for helping out. I guess it looks like I might have to drop the $16 :(

Edited by Higher Thinking