nanoreefer

Picoreefer

Started with

Thanks! I'm using Samsung nx300 with 18-55mm Ois lens and diopters to get the macro shots.

Upgraded to:

Samsung NX500 with the nx60 mm macro lens. Best camera I've ever owned and I've owned canon, Nikon, and Sony cameras.

Sent from....

• Like 1

Started with Upgraded to:

Sent from....

I just ordered a lens I hope I get great shots like this! Do you just mess with the Aperture(if that's how you spell it) to get the correct color? I always get to much of a blue look but under whites I don't get the pop.

I just ordered a lens I hope I get great shots like this! Do you just mess with the Aperture(if that's how you spell it) to get the correct color? I always get to much of a blue look but under whites I don't get the pop.

This is from nanoreefer not me. It's all about the white balance! I have an old Rebel XT and the custom WB makes all the difference in the colors.

Each camera is slightly different; most point and shoot do not have the customs wb setting; if you have a dslr or similar interchangeable lens camera then it's under your wb setting. Consult your manual for direction to set it (easiest way for reef tanks is just to snap a full tank shot while in customs wb setting). For best color pop, turn down your white (almost to zero) and bump up the blues. Dial down the exposure a little bit so you don't get blown out highlights. I hope thats not too confusing.

Sent from....

• Like 1

I agree, white balance is the most important part! Once you get that covered then everything else falls into place!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for chiming in and answering questions while I was away!!! The tank is doing great! I've been really busy and haven't been checking in on pnwmas; I've been more active on instagram (sprinklebuns). Here are some new shots ? 

IMG_6037.JPG

IMG_6040.JPG

IMG_7391.JPG

IMG_7393.JPG

IMG_7394.JPG

IMG_7395.JPG

IMG_7397.JPG

IMG_7422.JPG

Edited by nanoreefer
  • Like 2

Just now, bowen1022 said:

Photos didn't show up on Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm trying to fix it lol I guess I can't do what I used to.