September Meeting Frag Swap 2015

badxgillen

Sunday September 20th is the day for out next PNWMAS Meeting 2:00PM. A zoanthid cutting demo will be held at Mr.Bret's. I think that this will be a perfect opportunity to do another frag swap. With Softy and Bret's tank being an impressive sight, and the rumor that there will be some tasty eats available, there should be  a small crowd of fine folks in. You know the drill, bring a cooler, Styrofoam, or good Tupperware full of your tradeable coral frags and see about exchanging one or two with a fellow member for something you don't have.

You can use this thread or start up another to make a more organized exchange. I like to see what people want or have to trade ahead of time to make things easier but I also come with a few surprises too just in case.

This is a great way to snag some corals, save some cash, and make some friends. You can learn a lot from some one who has successfully kept and propagated a certain specimen.

Also a good time to help out a new guy with that coral that just doesn't fit into you tank any more.

• Like 5

Oh crap MUST RESIST.

Just come by for an hour or two. With all the good food, nice people, and sweet corals going around I am sure it will not disappoint.

Oh I hate my work schedule sometimes

I hear you there but work comes before play. If you can some how get the day off and make it I will save you a zoa frag since that is the topic of the meet. If you can't make it then I will still save you a frag, it will just be further away at that point since I live in Corvallis.

See you all there..I'll bring you something Robert, not sure what yet though.. maybe cash lol..

I don't mind coral, thats where the cash seems to go anyways. If your tank is not too full already I might have something I can bring you.

Yep those cold nights and party's = baby's 9 months later lol

We all know those weren't cold nights, Sheesh. I will say that the people I know who are September days are good people in my book.

Virgos and Libras.

This all needs to get back on track though so, without further delay. Frags, frags frags.

psamacorafragsPNW_zpse12634b0.jpg

• Like 1

September 2015 Meeting!

It looks like it will be another great PNWMAS Meeting in September! We will be meeting at Bret's (MrBret) shop in Hillsboro, Oregon on Sunday, September 20th at 2:00 PM.

Location is at the Business Park located at 2038 NW Aloclek Dr. Suite #223   Hillsboro, Or 97124. Coming up Hwy 26 from Beaverton, take the Cornellius Pass Rd South exit--go about 3 or 4 stop lights and turn Left on Aloclek. Then take the first right into the Cornellius Pass Business Park. The building at your 2 o'clock has big black numbers on it ( 2038 ). Just come down to the end to suite # 223. The sign on it will read: "Merry Maids".

The topic of discussion will be Zoanthids! Bret will be hosting a Workshop on propagation of Zoas. He will be giving a demonstration of fragging techniques, and showing the best ways of maintaining these colorful corallimorphs in the home marine aquarium! Bret has quite an extensive collection of various varieties of zoas, in what can only be described as an obsession. ;) Remember: The zoa paradise is cleverly disguised as a Merry Maid business.  :rolleyes:

You will not want to miss this interesting and fun workshop! There will also be Shortribs! Bring along whatever you wish to share for potluck!

See you all there!

Ironically... i will be out of town for this as well... so it's all on MrBret to be a good host....  :)

I want to mention that we have all of the fragging tools that you would need if you are interested of getting some stuff done.  This includes our saw to cut some stuff up.

If anything.... come by and visit some people... eat some good food....  have a beer from the micro brew pub within earshot of our shop.

• Like 2