Breeding Hippocampus erectus

WCSeahorse

Hi everyone, I am breeding/raising seahorses, currently working with erectus. I am working on obtaining some other species to put into production next spring/summer. For now though I have a few hundred nice erectus that are starting to color up great!

Any other seahorse keepers here?

• Like 3

Awesome, always glad to see someone breeding sustainable species for our tanks! I know that pacific east aquaculture (sponsor on here) breeds them. Which color are you breeding? When you get some raised, let me know, wife has been nagging me for years to set up a horse tank for here lol

I am starting to select for yellow and orange, however I am not going to sell based upon color at this point as they can and do change depending upon environment .

I have attached a couple photos of the seahorses from a week or so ago. I will update with another photo of the oldest batch, they are turning yellow and orange.

• Like 1

Yup, this is Colby.

Here are some updated pictures, I am a horrific photographer, I apologize for that.

These ones are about 5 weeks old and eating winter harvest Hikari chopped mysis.

DSC_0018_1.jpg

DSC_0020_1.jpg

DSC_0023_1.jpg

And these guys are just about three weeks, eating 48hr old enriched artemia and frozen cyclops. 

DSC_0024_1.jpg

• Like 2