Can I see your ID please?

defigart

Perhaps this has been discussed before, but I think it would be great if the site had a section for IDing fish and other topic related animals.

I know that many of the reef inhabitants can't be positively IDed, but even a general/common name would help. There would have to be rules, and organization involved but couldn't be to hard, I don't imagine.

Great Idea. I will start a thread in the General Discussion forum. We can have members post pics with common and or scientific names. From there, when we start to build a small library of pics, I can transfer them to an addressable website. When we get a lot of pics, I can separate them by species, reefsafe, non reefsafe, etc.

It will be a work in progress for a while, but who knows, we could get a big database going.

Jay

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

How does one post photo's?

How to post photo's on this site or send them through messages??? Can you point me towards the directions for that?? I Can't seem to find it DOH!

I have a few things I would love to have I'd but am semi-technically impaired LOL

WARNING!!! Old post revival.

Just curious what the status of this was?

Sorry about that. We kinda got off on some different tangents. I was waiting for the new logo, then we focused on the Christmas Party. I forgot about it. I will get the new logo on our gallery soon and post a link.

Jay

Looking good Jay! (yahoo)Will this be accessible to all members to add common names' date=' scientific name, description, and upload photo(s)?[/quote']

Yes it will. For the time being, I must approve all photo's before they will be posted. This is to ensure that nothing inappropriate gets through.

Jay