Anyone into archery?

catfish2

not like I need another hobbie, but I've always been interested in archery. I'm looking into getting a bow, but don't really know what makes a $150 bow different than a $500 bow. I wanna go with a recurve. Any advice on good places to get reliable info would be helpful.

It has been years since I shot a bow. But I do remember when I was in Dicks they had an area to test out equipment so might want to just go and fondle some bows.....oh and as for the 150 to 500 dollar thing it might just be a name :laugh:

Good luck with the new adventure!

I went to the bowtech factory a few years ago and had one specially made for me. I don't know much about recurves though. I would look at cabelas. They have a good assortment.

Also, there is a place in Lebanon that was known for their knowledge, I think it was called the archery hut. He helped me with a lot of things.

Bow price is based on quality of the build, speed of the bow, etc....a good mid price bow will do just fine.  If you go with a compound bow go to Bowtech in Springfield and they will set you up. Cabelas has a nice selection of recurve bows. The most important part of Archery is to make sure the bow fits you. A bow has to be fitted to your arm length and so do the arrows you buy. If you decide to hunt then you will need at least a 50lb bow. So again stop buy a bow shop and have one fitted to your needs. I have been into Archery for over 30 years and really enjoy it and yes its another expensive hobby.

• Like 1