Emerald525

What does your screen name mean?

I always find people's forum names interesting and am curious to know what their name means. Some our obvious like Frank (real creative there.. ;) )

Other's are also obvious like Reefnjunkie and it fits you well. :happy: 

At the bbq yesterday I was asking Holly what Gil&Fin meant. :D  (I'm not telling you how she came up with it, she said she would have to kill me if she told me.. :hidesbehindsofa:  :cool: 

Many of us thought Robert's aka BadxGillen meant that he was bad arse :happy: but that was not the case. :unsure: 

Mine is simple. It's simply a username I have used for a long time. My birthday is May 25 and emerald is the birthstone for may.

Anyone else want to chime in? What does your username mean?

• Like 1

My first boat was a 76 Spectra. Just kind of kept the screen name on most of the forums I visit. Although I am on a chicken forum and could not resist Colonel Sanders :laugh:

• Like 2

My name is Graham and a few friends have always called me "G Ram" most programs will not allow that one since there are too few of letters so I add a few in between.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Mine is from the movie Step Brothers when Dale tells Brennan he has to call him Dragon. Obscure reference that I'm sure no one got... until now.

• Like 4

Mine is from the movie Step Brothers when Dale tells Brennan he has to call him Dragon. Obscure reference that I'm sure no one got... until now.

Ha ha! Never would have guessed that at all! Figured it was for dragon eel or the red dragon acro that some people were going nuts for a few years back!

• Like 1

Good topic! I was a Paratrooper in the 82nd Airborne Division.

That's what my stepson started out doing when he joined the army but then he rolled his ankle!

Back in the days of counterstrike 1.6 I played in a clan called the ninja animal clan...I picked the beaver since I went to OSU.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Gil and Fin were my first two fish. Gil (as in gills on a fish...) was the most awesome-ist clownfish evah, but a lost him a few months back. I've been in counseling about it since then, so I can't really talk about it.

Fin is my cranky old bangaii cardinal ("Fin," get it? Bangaiis have lots of fins...hehehe).

This all sounds kind of silly now that I'm saying it outloud. I should have just kept everyone wondering...

• Like 8

Mine is Jorge because my name is Jorge but I also go by Jorge. Super clever, I know.. ;p

• Like 4

Well I was a noob at one time and I started a saltwater tank. Seemed like a logical name, hence Noobtosalt and my new forum name on thepondforum Noobtokoi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I just made mine up. As a Christian, it just sort of seemed accurate. I guess you could correlate it to being "heavenly minded." You know, focusing on above.

Chris, I always thought your name was CERK1985 because you were referencing circa 1985.

Edited by Higher Thinking
  • Like 2

I like to flash people, and I like fish, so...  :tongue:

Just kidding!  :happy:  I'm flashy as in loud, in terms of color preference (anyone who has been to my place can attest it looks like a rainbow threw up inside), shine (sequins! never enough sequins!), and volume (I'm nearly incapable of NOT shouting when I talk). This shows up in my tanks, as well. Would rather have a pet mosquito than a brown coral or fish; only the brightest, flashiest colors for me! I'm still upset live rock doesn't come in hot pink. 

• Like 2