Internet

spectra

Avoid Centry Link...it was the biggest nightmare. I switched and cancelled in the 30 day window. They then preceded to try and bill me for 4 months and I spent hours on the phone with customer service. My wife had a similar situation with them in the past as well.

Comcast is the only thing around here that offers speeds over 20mb that actually go as fast as they should. I'd hold out, I think we are on the brink of a 1gb speed bump that is going to screw the monopolies over (fingers crossed).

As we do not have cable out here near Parrett Mtn. yet, I have Frontier DSL over the phone line. Download Speed this morning is 6.72 Mbps, and upload 0.72 Mbps.   

Not as fast as some others, such as FIOS available in other areas, but dependable, and I am currently paying around $57 a month, which includes my land-line phone bill.

Living with comcast as most others, really got sick of the bill and was going to switch to century link but Comcast convinced me to stay by offering me a "Basic" Cable internet plan for 29.99/mo I tested the speed assuming I was going to be throttled pretty hard and was getting between 4-7mb, but after setting up the VPN, my speeds are about 20mb. I have been on it for about a year and a half with no issues.

Yes have heard nothing but problems with Century link........ Frontier is not available in my neck of the woods so looks like I need to call and [language filter] at Comcrap to get my bill down :rolleyes: It sucks as they have the monopoly and know it.......

Yes have heard nothing but problems with Century link........ Frontier is not available in my neck of the woods so looks like I need to call and This is not a word that is used here in PNWMAS. at Comcrap to get my bill down :rolleyes: It sucks as they have the monopoly and know it.......

I'm lost. What is not a word used here?

I despise Comcast.... You have no idea. I have such ill feelings that I troll them more than once a year..... Pretty much any given opportunity. Don't get me started.

Frontier isn't cheap either. But they provide a much better experience in my opinion. Equal up and down. Less issues with internal networking, it's fiber which would imply you are ready when and if Google ever comes out here. Do you know what else you get, or don't get i guess i should say:

Annoying splash screen telling me about copyrights

Astounding customer service

http://www.theverge.com/2014/8/19/6004131/comcast-the-worst-company-in-america

And then there's the outages

All adds up to a bill that you end up resenting yourself for when you pay it.

Edited by Fragged