need volunteer for the conceptional CA reactor

OceanRevive

I designed a new CA reactor, the prototype is fabricated, now I need a volunteer who is familiar with traditional calcium reactor, please contact me if you are interested and accept the terms as following:

1. the product patent is submitted but not approved yet. the tester is willing to have a confidential agreement with me and not release any design detail to the third party until it is released by inventor. 

2. the tester is familiar with traditional calcium reactor and have a reactor at a running aquarium to make the comparison. 

3. the tester has a sump and enough space in the cabinet (less footprint than traditional ca reactor)

4. the tester is willing to document the detail results, data, perform frequent chemical tests

5. the tester is willing to communicate with me for test progress and provide the updates in time.

additional requirements but not necessary:

1. close to my home address, beaverton 97229 area

2. I can visit the testing tank or testing environment. 

what I will provide:

- the prototype and necessary accessories, tester can keep the prototype after the testing if desired 

- testing kits

- reactor media

pro and cons of the design

Pros:
- small foot print, space saver

- easy to adjust

- no concern on media debris 

- more tolerant to oscillation of CO2 pressure, may not require an expensive regulator ( this needs to be tested)

Cons:

- need to position higher than aquarium water level or sump water level

- could waste 2-5% CO2 (this needs to be tested, may not be the case due to the new diffuser design)

- two to three small pumps will be required rather than a big recirculation pump comparing to the traditional design. More spots will be taken for APEX :)

It is not first come first service thing, I will leave this ad for a week and pick a tester who meets most above requirements. It is fun to test the new toy, isn't it? 

without you guys help, OceanRevive couldn't starts up, i promise i will offer a big discount to local club members if this product can be commercialized.

Bo 

• Like 1

You note enough space within the cabinet but it needs to be higher then the water level in the sump- this could be exterior to the sump could it not as long as it meets the higher sump water level?

Ive a second system that may fit the criteria although it would be exterior in order to be higher than sumps water level. Id be interested in talking with you further if you'd like. The system Im refering to has less of a calcium demand than my main system but is one that I presently dose soda ash to keep up with Alk consumption but I'm able to hand dose calcium to maintain a good consistant Ca level.

Sounds intriguing

Nice tank! The new ca reactor has a 8x8 foot print . It seems too big for ur sump:(

if you don't have young kids and dog running around in the house, you can set it up outside of the stand. just need to elevate the reactor output port higher than the sump water level. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by OceanRevive

I wouldn't mind trying out your new CA reactor on my new 150g cube tank. I am not sure that it would be rated large enough but if you think it would work well and you are ok with a Salem location, I would be happy to beta test it for you. I have a 300g display setup with a traditional reactor about 10ft away that can be used as a comparison. Many options for testing and monitoring as well.

Garrett, thanks for your support on this beta test. As it is a prototype, i dont' really know how much water volume it will support. i would rather testing it on a 60-100G tank. Just to be safe.

In addition, it is the first test, I would get together with the tester to tweak and adjust the reactor, i want to find someone is closer to me. 

But if you agree, i would like to put one in your store for 2nd beta testing after I improve this one based on the 1st beta testing results.

• 2 years later...