Any tuna fisherman

fishboys

Back in Cali used to go fishing every other week, Catalina for sea bass using live squid, Santa Barbara Is. for "barn door "Halibut from 30 to 90 ft of water, no cranking 500 -900 ft of line like in Canada, Paradise Cove for halibut, ling cod, bonita, rock bass

3-5 day trips to Mexico for rooster, blue fin, big eye and whatever is hitting

I use to build or wrap fishing rods for fun and friends, place the guides and cork handle or. . . . .

Always took 5 rods when going out, never knew what was out there from fly lining to heavy - lost my sea legs and don't go anymore :blush:

Edited by wanareef
  • Like 2

I got an open seat tomorrow.

Wish I knew I needed to be looking here for open seats  :D Just chilling in Rockaway Beach today, would have liked to be grinding iron.

I fish sport commercial with a group of guys out of Garibaldi regularly during the summer.

Best fishery in the state - Oregon Albacore TUNA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice that's rare! I believe my dad is going out of Depoe tomorrow. So we will see how they do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Although kinda rare, a lot more are caught each year than you think. I only get out 3-4 times a year and I've been a part of 4 of them being caught over the last couple years. Throw iron at any flotsam and you never know what you'll catch. We hooked a thresher two years ago. Smacked a jig with its tail and it stuck. Lost it over two hours later.

A few small bluefin are caught each year as well as a Opha here and there. Sightings of sailfish or marlin happen each year. One was landed quite awhile ago out of reed sport?? We caught a bunch of Jack macks yesterday. Was hoping for a big blue under them but only caught a couple 30+lbs albies.

Although kinda rare, a lot more are caught each year than you think. I only get out 3-4 times a year and I've been a part of 4 of them being caught over the last couple years. Throw iron at any flotsam and you never know what you'll catch. We hooked a thresher two years ago. Smacked a jig with its tail and it stuck. Lost it over two hours later.

A few small bluefin are caught each year as well as a Opha here and there. Sightings of sailfish or marlin happen each year. One was landed quite awhile ago out of reed sport?? We caught a bunch of Jack macks yesterday. Was hoping for a big blue under them but only caught a couple 30+lbs albies.

Nice, glad you guys got some! I think we may go out tomorrow and see if we can catch anything. I've got a bluefin once before but it was just a little guy. I've never see a yellow tail up here before but it's good to know they aren't quite as rare as I thought. What colors where hot when you guys were out there?

Blue and silver or white. Seemed liked they were keyed into other darker baits. Pinks didn't do anything yesterday but each day is different. Should be flat out there for you tomorrow. If you find fish trolling throw some bait and start jigging. Drift should be slow enough to get the school to follow if you keep chum in the water. Good luck and keep us posted.

I could of fished today but I am getting to old for back to back trips, they take it out of this 50 year old.

Blue and silver or white. Seemed liked they were keyed into other darker baits. Pinks didn't do anything yesterday but each day is different. Should be flat out there for you tomorrow. If you find fish trolling throw some bait and start jigging. Drift should be slow enough to get the school to follow if you keep chum in the water. Good luck and keep us posted.

I could of fished today but I am getting to old for back to back trips, they take it out of this 50 year old.

Thank you for the info! I'll let you know how it goes!

You go with Bud or Dave or Dick (tuna time) out of big tuna marina ??

It was rough as a cob. 22 fish by 11am and it was time to run for the barn. Small average, about 450lbs. Only 38 miles out though. Much better than the 125 line.

I fish with Mark on the Long Fin, have fished with a couple boats out of BTM, never fished on Bud's or Dick's boat.

22 by 11 still sounds like a lot of fun, glad you guys were able to find some on the inside.

Hoping to get out someday this week.  Got restless on Saturday evening and headed for the high tide on the jetty and got lucky and stuck a ling cod.  The bass bite is always pretty consistent, but fun to get into a better fish.