Looking for freshwater plants

catfish2

Hi all, I just set up a little 5 gal tank for my desk at work. It's gonna be freshwater because I will spend more time working on my tank than doing my job if it's saltwater. In any case, I'm just wondering if anyone in or around corvallis has any plants that they are going to trim. I'm looking for very easy to care for plants nothing fancy. Thanks!

The light is three LEDs that came with the kit. I like them, I just wish they covered more of the tank. I think the edges are a little dark.

I'm not sure what other fish I'll put in there. I'm open to suggestions. The shrimp are fun. I'll have to put some in there for sure.

• Like 1

With a smaller tank you may want to look into some of the tiny rasboras. Check out galaxy rasbora. Maybe look into some dwarf rainbows in the Psuedomogul species. I mentioned a hill stream loach earlier but  there are many other types. Pygmy corys or the different styles of Ottocinculus cats will make some nice bottom dwellers if that is something you are interested in.

There are definitely options, but most people who do serious shrimp will tell you most fish are a No No.

• Like 1