August Meeting... PNWMAS Annual Summer Potluck BBQ!

JManrow

PNWMAS Annual Summer Potluck BBQ! 

Sunday August 23rd 12 noon to 4 PM

Champoeg State Park  Area: OAK#6

8239 Champoeg Road Northeast

St. Paul, Oregon  97137

We will provide hot dogs, burgers and the fixings as well as soft drinks and water!

Bring other main dishes to share, a side dish or dessert! 

Bring your family!  Bring your pets! :welcome: This area is huge so there is plenty of running around room!

Champoeg park is an awesome place with a great location about halfway between Portland and Salem (about 40 minutes from each)!

There will be a raffle of some great prizes! We have gift certificates! We have LED lights! :yahoo:
The music is set for 1:00 until 3:00 PM... Direct from Portland Oregon - The Rose City Reefer Band!

There's a day use fee of 5 dollars, but you will get reimbursed with raffle tickets!

We have reserved Area: OAK#6  from 8am to 8pm, so... you can come early and stay later if you like!

It is located right next to the disc golf area so bring your discs to play!

Directions when you get to the park:
Go straight until you see the booth where you pay
You will see disc golf on the left and the road curves around
Left at the stop sign
Right at group 6 and 7 over flow parking
We are site 6 on the left! There will be signs pointing you to the way!   :cool:

http://www.stateparks.com/champoeg_state_park_in_oregon.html

• Like 3

Thanks John for posting this. Evites are also sent out. The park signs say we have the place from 7 am to 9pm so you can come earlier and stay later if you like!

We have 2 brand new Led lights to raffle from Reefstar and Ocean Revive.

We also have gift certificates to Golden Basket, Atk aquatics and Coldwater Marine!

There will be mystery corals as well!

I will post more details as they come but Champoeg park is a really nice area!

• Like 2

There is already going to be a BBQ\potluck , raffle\mystery corals, but now a possible band at the picnic, that would be awesome J-Man. So this sounds like it is shaping up to be a big event, The PNWMAS sure know how to have a good time.

J man looked into getting a band and unfortunately since we are not in the pavillion and just the open area we cannot have a band there! Still planning on bringing microbrews and an ipod!   :drinking:

There's a gift cert. we gave Andrew some time ago, which can also be raffled. Have no idea what happened to it and no one claimed it.

Thanks. According to Andrew when we transitioned to the new board and officers, there was nothing left as far as prizes and gift certificates that he had collected. So I assume it was raffled off and just not yet claimed. Was there an expiration date on it?

J man looked into getting a band and unfortunately since we are not in the pavillion and just the open area we cannot have a band there! Still planning on bringing microbrews and an ipod!   :drinking:

Getting a band is not a problem.  Amplified music must be played in the Park Pavilion, but there are no open reservations available. There is no fee for the use of the Pavilion.

On the bright side, some other groups must be having bands while we are there! :)

Getting a band is not a problem.  Amplified music must be played in the Park Pavilion, but there are no open reservations available. There is no fee for the use of the Pavilion.

On the bright side, some other groups must be having bands while we are there! :)

So we could have acoustic guitars so something like MTV unplugged would be okay? Any guitar players out there? :)

• Like 2

That would be  an awesome prize! I will check with Andrew to make sure! Thanks for the heads up!

I have also looked though supplies and gift certificates I was given since May 2015. There is nothing from American Aquarium Products.

We still could have used the Pavilion, if it was available. Acoustic music is fine at our picnic area!

Maybe next year yeah.

I am sure it is going to be a Rockin party regardless.

Looking forward to this one.

John, are you going to do a Jerry Garcia impression for us?

That would be most excellent, "If I get home before daylight I just may get some sleep to-night." Karaoke style.

• Like 2

After I rest up awhile, I will talk to friends about some acoustic guitar at the picnic. Still in some pain from an injured foot.  I'm not one for giving up. I was hurting so much Sunday, that I didn't go the the Edgefield to celebrate Jerry Garcia's Birthday Bash... something every year that I never miss. I will see what I can do. Music or not, we are going to have a real good time!

• Like 2