Another Fusion 20

spectra

Well it has been a few years without a tank and figured it might be time to get my feet wet again. I was looking at another tank but this one just fits the spot and also am trying to keep it in a certain price range :rolleyes: Not really sure what way I am going to go but will probably just stick with zoas as that is what I think I miss the most from my last tank. So here is the start of my build.

First off the tank :laugh: well a box with a tank in it.  IMG_0284.jpg

Now off to the stand. I am going to build one as I am to picky to buy something already to go. I also want it at least 36 inches tall. So picked up this chunk of butcher block for 20 bucks and am going from there. HD has 3/4 poplar and am going to grab a sheet and cut out the sides and a door and stain it.  IMG_0283.jpg

Then trimmed and sanded it. IMG_0286.jpg

Well that's about it for now will post up my progress pics as I get things done.

• Like 4

Well got a few things done but not what I wanted to. Kind of changed plans mid stream as I was in HD.....so on to the pics

Had fun with the Kreg jig IMG_1011.jpg

Then mad some frames. IMG_1013.jpg

Routed out for a plywood panel. IMG_1014.jpg

Added a plywood back and a bottom to it. IMG_1017.jpg

Top just sitting on it for a pics as I still need to sand it some more and make a shelf once the ply goes in the sides. Going to make a single door just like the sides and should be god to go. IMG_1018.jpg

• Like 1

That stand is looking great in a few months when I get ready for my set up I might be asking you for some pointers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! and no problem will help out if I can. I actually do metal work but do enjoy dabbling with wood.

If it was bigger I would do steel and wrap with wood but this little Fusion is not going to weigh much at all.

Edited by spectra

Well after almost a week I think I have the stand figured out. I did not like the finish as I am one anal person :nutty: staining when it is 90 outside is not recommended :laugh: Took me 2 nights of sanding with 400 grit wet sand paper to come up with what I have. Stand is black with a little distressed look and some of the lighter poplar showing through. I have one more coat of poly to put on tonight as there is one side that does not look good to me..............

And on a side note UPS dropped off 30lbs of Reefcleaner rock :biggrin2:

• Like 1

Wow Scott you are anal! I'm sure once it gets going it is going to look amazing!  I thought the stand looked great as it was. It is wise that you are so patient. Much easier to get things right now then when you have it all full of water! I will probably have upgraded by the time you get your tank up! :)

Wow Scott you are anal! I'm sure once it gets going it is going to look amazing!  I thought the stand looked great as it was. It is wise that you are so patient. Much easier to get things right now then when you have it all full of water! I will probably have upgraded by the time you get your tank up! :)

Well who knows there might be a fusion 20 and stand for sale..............

LOL did you change your mind again? :)  You still eyeing that Redsea reefstar?

Yeah that thing has never left my mind........... but it sold I think.

To be honest I really would like a 150 or bigger but do not have the room. I had a Kole Tang and loved that fish and really want another tank that I can have one in.... 

I'm sure Jeff can order another one! Life is too short to settle. There is an awesome envisions someone is selling that is 150 gallons but as I recall I think you prefer glass. And yes the bad thing about nanos is u can't keep big cool fish!

They just show up at his shop he does not order them....

Yeah I am a glass fan and someday will have a big tank but for now the little one will have to do......