New tank!

matty

Now that I have had my Golden Dwarf moray for a while now and he is fat and happy, I have decided it's time for a more permanent tank for him and the other inhabitants. I like the Biocube but I have been wanting something a little nicer since setting up my Nuvo in my office.

I placed an order for one of these tonight: http://www.cadlights.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=61_62&products_id=293 :yahoo:

I am currently using a Kessil a 350n but am thinking I will need a bit more spread for the 24" cube. I could upgrade to the E360W with the spectral controller and use the same mount but have also been considering going back to T5's with an ATI fixture. Any opinions?

Anyway, SO looking forward to the upgrade and if anyone wants a good deal on a complete biocube, let me know!  :clap:

I'm excited. I have always bought used and gotten great deals, I hope this one will be good quality.

I talked to Cadlights today and found out that they are out of the black stand until next month, I'm not patient so I decided to go with the white.

I will do a write up here about my experience, I know Cadlights has suffered in the past from quality control but they seem to be better now, I'm hoping!

ATI is a great choice. I will be using an 8 bulb 60" powermodul plus a custom led bar that Rudy and I are making

I love the ATI T5 fixtures, great lights. I think I am going with one of their Sirius x2 LED's for this tank. I have heard amazing things about ATI's led's and have wanted to try them for a long time. 

Nice tank! In still strongly considering going back to the ati t5s. I like the maxspect but I don't like the disco effect and there still seems to be spotlight effect even with the 120 degree optics.

I am buying the Sirius used and the current owner says with their technology, there is no disco effect at all. That's part of the reason why I went with a Kessil, I like the shimmer of halides and hate the disco effect. 

I am buying the Sirius used and the current owner says with their technology, there is no disco effect at all. That's part of the reason why I went with a Kessil, I like the shimmer of halides and hate the disco effect. 

How is the spread with them? I'm getting used to the shimmer but I can tell on the sides there is not much par there at all and most of the PAR is dead center of the tank.

I'm excited. I have always bought used and gotten great deals, I hope this one will be good quality.

I talked to Cadlights today and found out that they are out of the black stand until next month, I'm not patient so I decided to go with the white.

I will do a write up here about my experience, I know Cadlights has suffered in the past from quality control but they seem to be better now, I'm hoping!

I just did the same not so long ago. I have always bought used or cheap AGA tanks, Until this last tank I got a smoking deal on (Well I thought) It ended up leaking on me. I was just getting back into the hobby and it bummed me out. So the wife told me just go buy a new tank with a warranty. So I did just like she said. Deep Sea Aquatics 65 Neo Pro Just shy of $1000.00 for tank and stand. I looked into the Cad tanks but just didn't find a footprint I liked. The largest complaint I could find was the stands were kinda flimsy but the glass work was said to be great.

All said and done I kinda wish I wasn't in such a hurry and would have waited for the RedSea Reefer to come out. Now Cuttlefish has them in stock.

The only real complaint I have with DSA so far is the customer service blows! I have contacted them several times to register my tank for the 7 year warranty. The only response I get is. We will answer as soon as possible. That was several several months ago!

I will build a screen top. I'm going to order the clips that IM uses and modify them to hold the screen tight. That's the plan anyway, we will see. The nice thing is that I have all the time I need to get it right.