Paratore's Frag Tank Build

Paratore

Thank you! Bigger is always better! Even with this tank I'm starting to run out of room haha.

As my last post says I really need to update this thread! I've added on a 40b just for anemone propagation, gathered a ton more zoas and changed a lot of stuff!

Hmmm maybe tomorrow I'll update it and and add a few pictures :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look forward to see that. Just keep building which is why i love this hobby

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Well it is time for a very much needed update! Haven't updated since July!! I don't even know where to start!

I've added an Apex to my frag tank so that I can monitor PH and temp. I also got a healthy amount of SPS so I dose BRS two part through the apex.

I now have a fairly large selection of corals, but I am focusing more on SPS and Zoas.

Flow has been changed slightly, I am running a Wp-25 and a RW-8 on the same side of the tank to create a gyre. I have also recently started running GFO to help combat some algae and I also run carbon to help with chemical warfare.

My anemone addiction has also grown! I did have the frag tank split down the middle with corals on one side and anemones on the other but I was running out of room so over christmas break I installed a 40b and plumbed it into the frag tank. The 40b is now used as an anemone propagation tank! Ive got 3 different kinds of anemones and about 13 gems total. Im running an old Reefstar LED above the anemone tank that I got on here and fixed :) I think I need to get something more powerful though because my BTA don't seem to bubble as much when I take them out of the baskets and just let them roam in the tank. The anemone tank also has a mesh wall that I siliconed into the tank to hide all of the powerheads and pumps behind. The top is spiked egg crate so i doubt any nems will crawl out of the water and over the top. Fingers crossed though.

Now for some pictures! Here is the only old picture of the nem tank I have! I'll post more FTS this weekend :)558e45ce6fffa461c12d1be22e188c18.jpg

Edited by Paratore
  • Like 1

Now for some nems....5e674b8ff9c40da96043862806547eb7.jpg9eb2fe22e45c76538541afb0db50ac2f.jpg8065296e8e48b826e64e392dc59882ce.jpg

Here is one that spent 30 minuets in a filter sock....outside...in the rain....when it was 40 degrees outside.... Slipped down the overflow in the night and I didn't notice until I went to wash the sock. It was super shriveled up, freezing and just pissed off. Put it in the tank expecting it to die but a few hours later it just split(no surprise) and was just fine! Here is a picture of it splitting! 8802f43cf010fd348d91628e9c96916b.jpg

• Like 2

Are you going to have RBTA's for sale?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

I will soon! Trying to build up a good amount first :) I'll also have rainbows and Bicolors.

Edited by Paratore
  • Like 1

It's looking really nice, Cody!

Thanks Lex! I'll add some FTS this weekend:) also going to be adding a black acrylic frag rack that I got for Christmas! Just waiting for it to arrive.....I hate the waiting game....

Thanks Lex! I'll add some FTS this weekend:) also going to be adding a black acrylic frag rack that I got for Christmas! Just waiting for it to arrive.....I hate the waiting game....

I just got this one for my frag tank:

http://www.innovative-marine.com/auqa-gadget/reefrack-50.html

I love those racks! I almost got the large one. I love the tower look and the mix of the blue and black. The adjustability of them is super nice too. My family for me this guy (in black) for Christmas for the insane amount of plugs it can hold (over 300) and I'm stocked to get it in my tank! :)b7ae04c44325c48361b909b8ab06a866.jpg

Edited by Paratore

I love those racks! I almost got the large one. I love the tower look and the mix of the blue and black. The adjustability of them is super nice too. My family for me this guy (in black) for Christmas for the insane amount of plugs it can hold (over 300) and I'm stocked to get it in my tank! :)b7ae04c44325c48361b909b8ab06a866.jpg

That is pretty sweet!

• Like 1

Those are both a tad bit cooler than my egg crate ;)   I see BRS carries the IM Reef Rack.  I might have to try one out for the Group Buy coming up.

Those are both a tad bit cooler than my egg crate ;) I see BRS carries the IM Reef Rack. I might have to try one out for the Group Buy coming up.

You should defiantly join the cool kids and get one of the IM Reef Racks [emoji41]

• Like 1

Paratore, are you selling any the frags you have? I will be setting up my tank this weekend and would love to pick some up when I am cycled. Only downside is Ill have to figure out a time to make it to Corvallis unless you come to Portland anytime soon

Paratore, are you selling any the frags you have? I will be setting up my tank this weekend and would love to pick some up when I am cycled. Only downside is Ill have to figure out a time to make it to Corvallis unless you come to Portland anytime soon

Yes I do sell them! Just about everything pictured is for sale. I've got frags of all the colonies. Along with lots not pictured. I make it to Portland every now and again, so Shoot me a PM and we can work something out. :) I'm also in the Salem area, little closer than Corvallis haha.

Edited by Paratore

Well here are some updates :) got some FTS of the setup tonight. There is a little algae problem from not staying on top of my water changes, but I added some GFO and I'm doing a water change tomorrow:)

The tank on the left is new anemone propagation tank. It's got Rose, Bi-color, and rainbow anemones in it. The tank on the right is the frag tank/grow out tank. It's getting a little full, I need to sell some stuff haha. So if you see something you like PM me lol! :)d03a0e106364d5c6e8f051f51b900aca.jpgcc2af398b88a420357b1974d22696419.jpgbe30bb75ac537ac403728a9af48b849f.jpgb51738e5a974f4950e456819b245d658.jpg5670d4f8cc476bac6b1ab0b6512f7841.jpg87d4f70f66c8aa87e878aa8adf250945.jpg

Edited by Paratore

• 2 weeks later...

Well did some fragging today :) cut up some ATL shades of fall, raspberry shortcake, pink lemonade and RMF Superman Stag. Now to grow them big and strong lol! Also did my first ever anemone propagation today, fingers crossed [emoji51] Last, I added my new acrylic frag racks and I love how they look!

Here are two pictures from today of the raspberry shortcake and the superman stag frags :)991b9ea5210464ed5da92b5646e8632e.jpgfa193ea922372eb1832ea98a0a7f98ae.jpg7d1553ff8e01df76766b235ce31401fe.jpg

Edited by Paratore

• 2 weeks later...

Finally going to get an RODI unit for this tank, still deciding on which one though. Suggestions?

The anemone cuts from last week are doing well and all healed up:) I only cut half to make sure I knew what I was doing and that the nems could handle it. So this weekend I'll be cutting more. Hopefully in a few months I'll have enough stock to start selling them:)

And of course....here are some pics :)231652f34e4b9f434c05ccefabf67dbf.jpg067155bd479e52192daf358109cf1a58.jpg

Edited by Paratore

Well finally broke out the good camera and tried to get some shots for a sale thread I'll be posting up soon. But I got carried away and just took pictures of everything lol! I love taking pictures of my corals but I found it really difficult to get a good/true representation of the color. But here are some of the pictures that turned out alright. If you have any pointers on getting better pictures, feel free to comment. I am always open to advice :) I found that getting my white balance right was the hardest part for me. anyways I hope you enjoy the pictures! 

DSC_0160_zpsfxsqxmui.jpgDSC_0020_zps8qlhkxeo.jpgDSC_0092_zpsrzjv3akm.jpgDSC_0069_zps9j8ytg9o.jpgDSC_0030_zpsowrfifox.jpgDSC_0022_zpslxvzdzdp.jpgDSC_0019_zps5awtrrtq.jpg[/url]

Edited by Paratore