Another newish noob here!

GoGo98102

I used to be into aquariums when I was a teenager, before Internet and knew anything about cycling the tank. Last year I started to get back into this hobby again. I started with a 20g long planted tank and now I have a 150g mixed reef and 7 other freshwater tanks.

When I was a teen in the 80s, I had a couple saltwater tanks. I didn't know what I was doing and tanks got wiped sooner or later. Last Nov I started my first saltwater tank after 30 years. I knew I should've started slow but a few fish and coral fell on my laps within the first couple weeks, so to speak. I started to have SPS and LPS right away. Luckily they all survived and growing pretty fast. Now I have no room in my 150g because I over stock the fish and coral. LOL

I live in south part of Seattle and would love to make some friends who are in the area and perhaps trade some corals. Thanks!

• Like 1

Welcome GoGo!   Sometimes it takes awhile... and much money, before we realize that nothing good happens fast in the reef hobby! Glad to have you here, and be sure to share some pics of your setup! We do a lot of selling and trading here, so you should have no problem in finding new homes for some of that livestock and frags... or looking for another setup or some propagation tanks, for that matter!

If you are interested in receiving Evite invitation to meeting & Events, sent me your e-mail address in a PM (Private Message). and you will be added to our PNWMAS Contact List! We hope that you enjoy the forum and interacting in the existing threads or beginning your own!

Thanks so much for the warm welcome!  I checked out a few of the members here and am I correct to assume most people here are in OR?  I know there is a Puget Sound Aquarium Society around here but I haven't been able to attend any event yet. I work on weekends and evenings.  I guess that makes it hard for me to go to any meetings or get togethers.

There are members in Portland, Eugene, Corvallis and Salem. Probably the closest people are in Longview. There was a guy on here Dtech who is in your area. He used to be more active on here and loves trading! Pass is a great club too and more people there in your area.