Auto Top Off Recommendations

ReefNoobie

I am going to be purchasing an ATO unit very soon to make up for the evaporation and salinity fluctuations that are going on in my tank.  I am gone for long periods during the day and cannot have my salinity jumping up during this time due to the evaporation. 

My question is does anybody have any recommendations on any long lasting affective ATO's that are reasonably priced.  The one I was considering is $80 and would like to stay in that range.  I'm not saying I want to stay at $80 but would like to stay under $150 as much as possible, but am willing to pay for an AMAZING ATO.  The one concern I have is over filling if a sensor goes out, falls, gets jammed up, etc...      I have a pump (Rio 2100) that I can use with it.  The one that has pretty good reviews that I was considering is the JBJ ATO Item # JB5111 at MarineDepot.  Its out of stock for 2-3 weeks and this is part of the reason I would like some more input.  I am new to the hobby and am trying to get my tank running stable before putting any livestock in it. 

Thank you very much for all your input and look forward to reading replies!

It's not overfilling I'm worried about, it was in case a sensor or switch failed it wouldn't know when to stop. The one that "Matty" above recommended has an option for a backup switch in case one ever were to fail. Matty, from looking up reviews on them, you got me sold! I hope it all works out well!!!! Thanks so much for the input!!!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I have an autoTopOff.com I have used for the last 4 1/2 years with no troubles. I also use a JBJ one I really Like as well. My best recomendation is if you have enough water to flood the floor in the reservoir, ensure you get the dual switch for safety. All float switches can and "will" eventually fail, you don't want to find that out the hard way.

• Like 1

Definitely getting the dual! I just ordered it and I have heard only ONE bad story about it and it came down to him not spending a little more money for the dual in case one fails! Other than that it has been great reviews!!!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk