How many people are going to the Hatfield Marine Science Center Behind-The-Scenes Tour?

JManrow

This is a free event and everyone is welcome! You don't need to be a paying member. Bring family and friends.

We will also be visiting the Aquarium Science Building and will have a Potluck/BBQ afterwards.

For our raffle, there is an Ocean Revive Arctic-S026 120W LED Light Fixture!

It's at least a 2 1/2 hour drive from Portland, so plan to leave early enough to meet at the HMSC Visitor Center on time. The Visitor Center opens at 10:00AM, and the tour begins at 11:00AM.

Wish I could make this one, maybe one of these years.  It is about 3.5 hours from up North here, though no doubt worth the drive.

We are setting up a carpool thread now. Possibly someone or a group from your area could share the ride. Traveling with a group can be a lot of fun, especially if you leave early enough and make a good road trip out of it with stops along the way!

Be prepared for a madhouse in newport Saturday if they don't close down halibut

Take the first right on the south side of Yaquina Bay Bridge and it'll take you right to Hatfield. Don't be put off by the trucks and boat trailers lining both sides of Marine Science Drive. Just continue down the drive and take the first right off the roundabout. There will be plenty of parking in the Visitor's Center parking lot. Looking forward to meeting many of you and seeing a few of you again!

Cheers,

Sid

• Like 1

Hello Sid! We are all looking forward to seeing you and Dr. Tim on the 27th.

I am posting a  map that people can get directions with throughout the forum threads. I understand the the tours of the HMSC, and of the Aquarium Science Building will be approximately 2 hours total. I am looking forward to seeing what is new there! My last visit with PNWMAS was in 2009, and it was one of the highlights of the year for the club!

The drive from Portland is 95 to 123 miles, depending on what route is taken, and will take 2 1/2 to 3 hours to drive there. Everyone should leave early enough to arrive on time without rushing, and have a safe trip!

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Hatfield+Marine+Science+Center+-+Oregon+State+University/@44.621497,-124.043952,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x54c1d7aecf50511b:0x4e2e1128b3075cf6