Gauging interest

reefnjunkie

So I'm going to re-doing my tank this fall and want to get rid of some colonies to make room for other pieces Ive got in my frag tanks. I pretty sure nobody would pony up and buy a colony so I figured maybe people would do a group buy and I can chop up 5-6 years growth into mini colonies that are more attractive from a cost point.

My red planet is roughly 20"x16" +/- 500.00

TEC Sky Blue Carolinina size of cantaloupe 250.00

Mike Arccadi teal blue stag volleyball size 150.00

ORA Frogskin honey dew melon size 250.00

ORA Purple Plasma cantaloupe size 250.00

RMF Superman Stag Basketball 350.00

Frag Farmers Red Robin Stag cantaloupe sized 400.00

There will be more but I thought if people went in on a piece (or more) you'd get a decent colony for close to what some of these sell for a frag

Another option is dip them in a bucket of bleach and sell skeletons on eBay ;)

Anyway I'm just testing the water before spending time taking pics

Let me know ( I feel like a fruit salad for some reason)

• Like 1

Those are your colony prices,? If so, those a crazy good deals!

Yes that's the colony price, I wanted to try and make it easy. If there seems to be an interest I'll post pics this weekend, my time is spread thin lately which is why no pics yet. The red planet will be the most difficult since its encrusted a small boulder LOL.

I'm not sure how I'm going to be able to pull this off, I just know I'm tired of looking at the same sticks when I've got 4-4' frag tanks stuffed with "nicer" more high end pieces

Guest Bevo5

Yeah I'd be down to take a handful of frags from ya. As you all pick what you want keep me in mind to go in on the total price and let me know if/when you need one more buyer.

Red planet and teal stag sold.

I may keep the Carolinina.

I think the best thing to do will be for me to start an actual sale thread with pics and my prices seems there is some form of interest, from there someone would open their own thread to see if they can gather enough people (what ever number they decide as far as buy ins) for whatever piece they want to purchase. I'd be happy to cut up a colony for whomever is lead in that group buy but want I can't do is cut up a colony and have 6-15 individuals stop by for their portion of the group buy.

In recapping-I'll post a sale with pics and prices, if someone wants to take lead and open their own thread and get enough for a group buy thats on them.

Easiest thing would be for one person to buy what's left and sell frags and recoupe some money- :) and still keep a large colony after they got their money back