40 Mini Fusion Bonsai Style

titus'reef

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Did you get a good algae bloom or ? Things were looking good.

things were just fine until I put 3 hermit crabs. Than dinoflagellates took over very quickly. I didn't have choice but to start all over again.

It was a 2 month old system anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I got a new toy as a gift. :)

Neptune system w/ph lab grade, breakout box and the jebao to apex connection.

I love this thing. I set it up after doing a lot of research.

I reorganized everything with the new toys.

4fffa608c33ff4b1b83fcb3bee6752f9.jpg

I put hinges on the panel so I can move it and hide all the cables behind it along with the main power strip for things that don't need control.

a9b93237db0734c5303a8d87fa8ba3b8.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks!

I needed to hide the cables somehow, and at the same time be accessible.

I think the way you did it is the only way to go. It is a nice clean install. I to am anal about wires and things :rolleyes: The set up I have now is killing me as it is temporary so just let it all go nuts in the bottom of the stand :D

• Like 1

Nice work! Controllers are so much fun :-) Enjoy

Thank you!

It took me a while to figure out how to set it up. I am still dealing with codes for the jebao and other things like alarms.

Edited by titus'reef

• 4 weeks later...

Here is a little update:

I got two BRS dozer pumps for two part dozing. For the dozing containers, I got two 1500ml clear containers from tap plastics. They drilled the lids for me to be able to run the float switch wire and acrylic tube. I also got some square acrylic and made the float switch holder. This way I can get notified if I'm running low on solution or if something goes wrong with this system.

I am now using the dozers for the frag tank.

I also added a float switch to the ato tank to notify me when I have 2 days left of rodi water.

8738c8ee97109576660f264f5e736362.jpg

09a1af92b022f3320b538455edfedd83.jpg

b77c94444edbd70be2e1c0dfc7aab137.jpg

6446677dd5c5bda7bbcb0189bdc78039.jpg

Edited by titus'reef
  • Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

I am planning to add a sump on the other side of the wall, in the garage, and use it as a frag thank / refugium, More live rock, larger skimmer and reactors.

I think a 40 gallon breeder would do it.

For the overflow I am currently testing a diy pvc overflow and it works.

Of course I will have float switches and aqua lifter sucking the air that can accumulate with time in the tube and stop the siphon.

I will post as I do it. But for now it will be the planning, than the doing.

Edited by titus'reef

• 3 weeks later...

So like I said in the previous post I will add a sump on the other side of the wall.

I was working on a dead silent diy pvc overflow, I would say fail proof since I am adding a aqua-lifter and a second typical overflow to handle the extra water.

I made the main overflow out of 1" pvc. The modifications I have done to the typical diy overflow makes it completely silent.

Imagine a herbie overflow but this one is hanging on the back instead of the bottom.

I raised the T to where I wanted my water level to be when pump is off. Than I removed the U that comes to the surface to skimm the surface. That's not needed because the back chamber acts as a surface skimmer already.

Instead of letting the air get sucked in I added a 5/8 tube that will start a full siphon when the return pump starts and reaches the 5/8 tube. The tube is small enough to be able to break the full siphon when power goes out or for maintenance, however the flow will start again because the small 5/8 tube is short enough and let's air in when pump goes off.

I also have another overflow for the extra water and to handle the flow in case the full siphon stops working for any reason.

Here is a photo with the idea spread on paper. And a video with my testing.

The return pump is quite one 4000. It can push 10 feet and max flow is 1000+ gph

I dialed the pump to 50% because I won't need more flow that 500gph.

I also tested the pump on maximum and I opened the valve of the main overflow to max and the pump couldn't keep up.

I hope I am not too confusing.

ba061347adc170c993c052216557ac84.jpg

https://vimeo.com/151217935

Edited by titus'reef

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Any updates on adding the remote sump? 

Cheers,

Yes, I finished the sump and added it to the tank with no problems. The system works very nice and it is dead quite. In fact all I can hear is the refrigerator :).

I will add pictures when I can as I am extremely busy with my job at this point. 

• 3 weeks later...

bumping up a slightly old thread haha. How do you like your nuvo 40? I am considering getting either a 40 or a 20. Like the idea of having the extra water volume and real-estate. Anyways what are your thoughts on the 40? 

bumping up a slightly old thread haha. How do you like your nuvo 40? I am considering getting either a 40 or a 20. Like the idea of having the extra water volume and real-estate. Anyways what are your thoughts on the 40?

I like the glass. It doesn't scratch as easy and it is really clear. Modern look and the perfect size for a nano. The more water volume the better so if you can get a glass tank with a different overflow system do it.Mine works great but still... It's not ideal.

Thanks for the bump.