Sign in to follow this  
Mt. Dreamer

Dual 400 Watt Metal Halide Ballast - Pulse Start

Manufacture: Sunlight Supply Inc. Vancouver, WA USA
BW 2 Dual MH-400 Plus Start
120V 8A 800Watt 60Hz
This ballast operates 2 metal halide mogul base lamps (400watt type M 135)

Pictures: https://portland.craigslist.org/clc/pet/5058906340.html

BALLAST ONLY!!
Does NOT include lamp cords, mogal base sockets an bulbs.

Ballast is in good used condition with a few paint chips/scratches. It does power on. I assume its working properly but unfortunately don't have bulbs to tell for sure. 
Makes a slight humming/buzzing sound when on. I believe this is normal for most MH Ballasts. 
It has a date of Nov. 05 on back label. I assume this is the manufacture date. I bought this new but can't recall the date of purchase. It has been kept in dry storage for several years. Ballast was used in aquarium application.

$50.00 (cash only)
Sold As Is. No return accepted and/or refund. 
Item is in Sandy, Oregon 97055 - No shipping!
Serious inquiries only, please.

Great News!!

I found the lamp cords w/mogal sockets. The cords are in ok shape - could use a little cleaning on the prongs.

The Ballast works!!!

I have (2) 400 watt XM bulbs. Not sure the age of the bulbs. Even though they work, they probably should be replaced to get true spectrum and intensity. 

Price is $50.00 (firm) for complete set up: Ballast, Lamp Cords w/Sockets and (2) 400 watt bulbs. This is an incredible deal! 

All items are used. Sold As Is. No return accepted and/or refund. 
Item is in Sandy, Oregon 97055 - No shipping!

I received a PM message asking the following questions about my light set up.Thought I'd share just in case others were curious too.

Questions: Could you get me a picture if your light fixture. Do you know if they would work for a duel 175? set up? 

My Response: When you say "light fixture"... are you're referring to reflectors? Unfortunately, I no longer have them. However, one should be able to buy them separately online or a local aquarium store. Most people like to choose their own anyways.  

No, you can't use 175 watt bulbs on a 400 watt ballast. Ballasts and bulbs must be matched by wattage.

Besides if one is paying electricity to run a 400 watt ballast, then it makes sense to use 400 watt bulbs. I doubt there is a huge cost difference between 175 & 400 watt in terms of electricity use. Not sure. I have only ran 250 and 400 watts myself. They were both ran at the same time so don't know if there is a noticeable cost difference.  

I'm sure there are a few folks that would try a different wattage, but I don't recommend doing so. IMO... better to spend a little on bulbs then run the risk of damaging the ballast and or bulbs. Worse yet cause a electrical fire. 

Here is an updated Link to pictures: http://portland.craigslist.org/clc/pet/5073746096.html

Not sure pictures below will delete from this thread once Craigslist expires. 

00202_a4q877cnAbM_600x450.jpg  00H0H_cJGAfzNUhfi_600x450.jpg  00202_a4q877cnAbM_600x450.jpg   01515_9yP3LmLT9H2_600x450.jpg   00C0C_2JJR8kJYDur_600x450.jpg   00F0F_hvIMXz2y3ok_600x450.jpg   00f0f_6a0DiMre8v1_600x450.jpg

This will be the last updated link.  I don't want to annoy everyone with posting new links every time they expire on Craigslist.  :)

Please don't assume the ballast has sold if the Craigslist add is expired. When/If the ballast sells, I will post a "sold" message on this thread. 

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By marine depot
      HURRY! Cyber Monday Deals End @ Midnight PST

Time is running out ... don't miss the best deals of the year!

• By NateDawg
      So I'm planning on using a bluefish mini WiFi controller with the mean well ldd-h drivers for my 180 build. The highest amperage driver they have is a 1500mA one. And I'd need more like 4500mA for the Royal blue channel alone. So my main question is, can you run more than one ldd-h driver off of one pwm channel signal so I can get a total of 4500mA, the outputs of the drivers won't be connected in anyway. I tried to draw a basic of what I want to do.

• By NateDawg
      So I've never bought lighting before, I've always just made it myself but I'd like to try something different. Id like to stay with all led, maybe with some added t5 if someone convinces me lol. I wouldn't need a ton of features, just timing and adjustment of color and intensity. Also more budget friendly but not cheap, if that makes sense at all. I would be having both sps and clams at the bottom of the tank as well. The tanks dimensions are 6'x24.5"x24. Any input would be super helpful plus if anyone has any lighting for sale, I'd be interested in that as Well. Thanks!