june meeting

talkalot82

The Hatfield Marine Science Center is the location we are choosing and the date will be ironed out shortly. Another educational behind the scenes event for the great PNWMAS Crew. I have missed the last few at Hatfield but I look forward to making it to this one.

I'm really looking forward to this I was very upset last year when I forgot about till the day after. We should make this a camping trip since it is a drive for most people. Nothing big just one or two nights just a idea.. What do you all think???

• Like 1

Camping sounds like an great idea. Beth and I did that 2 years but probably can't do it this time as there is not enough notice to reserve a spot.

Hatfield is always a great tour. Sid is a good guy and I believe Micah is still there. Depending on the date might be able to do a carpool down there.

• Like 1

Sid is still there, but I've moved Missouri for an Aquarist position at an aquarium that opens in Spring of next year. I'm working on building a 3500 gallon reef tank and some other odds and ends currently. Can't take pictures, but I'll try to share some when we open.

Sid works for Hatfield and the AQS program, so he may be able to get you a tour of both facilities.

Sid is still there, but I've moved Missouri for an Aquarist position at an aquarium that opens in Spring of next year. I'm working on building a 3500 gallon reef tank and some other odds and ends currently. Can't take pictures, but I'll try to share some when we open.

Sid works for Hatfield and the AQS program, so he may be able to get you a tour of both facilities.

Sorry we will miss seeing you Micah but congratulations on the new job! How exciting! Way to turn your passion into a career!???? Edited by Emerald525

• 4 weeks later...

Hey folks!

Just wanted to say what a pleasure it was to host the meeting yesterday and meet some of you. Dr. Tim and I were really happy with the turnout and we hope that the experience was worth the long drive. I also wanted to apologize for not making it to the picnic/potluck after the meeting. Saturday afternoons are the end of my work week at both jobs and I kept running into things at the AQSB that had to be addressed before I could leave. I drove through Yaquina Bay State Park when I got done but I did not see any of you there.

Thanks again for coming and we'll see you again next June. Cheers! :drinking:

• Like 1

I know how Work comes before Pleasure, sorry we missed you. We had that little grill smokin for at least an hour or two but then the fun came to an end as some of us had to start our long journeys home from the coast.

We all really appreciated the time and effort you and Tim had given to out club. A bit of an eye opener for myself and an inspiration to my son. Very glad I made it. I hope you are there next year to treat us to another grand tour, I know I am already looking forward to it.

• Like 1