Wanted: Fish-sitter (will pay)

irshprncsk

While I have many friends and neighbors willing to do the job, I would feel much more comfortable leaving my tanks in the care of someone who knows fish a bit better. I will be leaving for 10 days in August and will need someone to come by and check/feed my 16 bow reef and 55 gal freshwater tanks at least every other day. I am afraid there may be some catastrophe like a power outage and I don't want my tanks to crash because of it. I'm also always on the lookout for disease in my freshwater tank (I have been battling flukes for quite some time) and want someone who knows distress signs.

Person must be:

1. Able to commute to my house in Eugene (near UO) at least every other day.

2. Able to feed my little guys (including sun polyps once while I'm gone) from the array of foods I have in stock.

3. Able to come by in case of emergency to hook up a battery-operated air pump (I have one) and possibly do water changes.

4. Willing to treat my tank with medication and do appropriate water changes should the need arise - I will supply an ample library of meds if needed.

5. Willing to accept payment in the form of frags, beer, or cash.

6. HONEST - NOT STEAL ANYTHING OR HAVE RAGING PARTIES. I'm poor enough already!

7. Also possibly feed my gecko (just plop a dish of baby food in the tank and fill her water) and water my indoor plants. This would make MY life much easier as I only have one house key and I wouldn't be able to have another person do that if you have the key.

8. You are the guardian of my house key. It is the only one I have and if it gets lost I must pay $30 to get a new one. Please do not lose the key!

If this is something you might want to do, please PM or email me. Payment will depend on the amount of labor involved, but I was thinking a baseline of a case of beer, 2 frags, or $20? I will want to meet/screen anyone before I choose someone and introduce them to my tanks. Thanks a bunch!

Do you have an ATO system? I left my tank for around 2 weeks without anyone to come by. Just make sure you have a large water bin as water evaps fast.

You may have an issue with the sun polyps though.

I could probably help you out here. I do have a wedding to attend on aug 17th so i will be gone the 17th, 18th, and returning the 19th. The bachelor party aug 11th so i'll be gone that day and coming back on the 12th.

I had FW tanks for about 10 years prior to my venture into SW.

Give me ring if you like, 541-914-7221. Maybe we can get a beer this weekend or something

Miles

I'm planning on leaving August 9 and returning the 19th if everything works out with my work schedule. You wouldn't really need to come over as often as every other day as long as things are going fine. They are definitely fat enough to go several days without food. I don't have an auto-fill, my tanks simply aren't big enough to warrant one, but the evap rate is not very high since I have glass hoods on both. I'll try to give a call later this week - my computer recently blew its video card so I have to borrow others' to get online, and I work 6 days a week. Thanks!