Chromies preggers

Blue Z Reef

What about their behavior Jeff? Any observations?

Courting, dancing, etc...

Haven't observed much as I just realized this today but I did see the pregnant one staying back while the others were darting around the tank. Although she was chilling in a mess of acro branches, hopefully baby chromies don't get hatched there LOL

She looks really big. I would be concerned she might have something else going on like bloat or a blockage. I would see if she will eat some frozen peas thawed out and squeezed out of their shells. Its like a fishy laxative, will help if it is a blockage or bloat.

• Like 1

She looks really big. I would be concerned she might have something else going on like bloat or a blockage. I would see if she will eat some frozen peas thawed out and squeezed out of their shells. Its like a fishy laxative, will help if it is a blockage or bloat.

With 4 tangs this would be pretty much impossible. I also wouldn't want the tangs to get ahold of it and start dumpfest 2k15 :O

Edited by Blue Z Reef
  • Like 2

Have you been dosing vodka? Been seen a huge rise in pregnancy in tanks when alcohol has been introduced.

I dosed vodka for almost 2 years but turned it down so much it's not enough to really do anything but add minor bacteria amounts (it's been only minor additions for the last 6 months or so). When I was dosing it zeroed out nitrate and phos which wasn't good for the corals.