Sign in to follow this  
WingRider62

Getting back into the hobby

Hi gang, my wife and I sold off our tanks two years ago and lived on the big truck. After covering all 48 states and 300, 000 miles we had to come home due to a family emergency. So, we just started up a new 29g Bio Cube. We didnt realize how much we had forgotten in that amount of time, but its comimg back us slowly, and are looking forward to getting tank cycled and up and running.

• Like 1

Wow you did a lot of traveling! Sorry to hear about the family emergency, hope all is well. Were you on this forum before 2 years ago?

Emerald, Thanks,my Grandson is 6 and has CP and may need some surgeries this year,but all is well. yes we were on here before,and look forward to seeing everybody again.

• Like 1

Welcome back WingRider62! I have done a bit over traveling myself, mostly the Western and Southern States. Wishing you all the best with your tank and your Grandsons progress! I know he will enjoy the tank. Keep us posted! :)

Got the BC29 up and running(Thanks Garrett). The water cleared up nicely within about 24hrs. Now we are thinking about adding a second one. I think I forgot to mention, we are doing this in an RV (37 ft 5th wheel) we have a plan to block off the window behind it so sunlight and heat shouldn't be a problem.42d249c3480127a99fbb88be047b2bab.jpg

78cf26df976d003a2c462b0cfc0ad4a8.jpg

Edited by WingRider62

Good to see you back Dale.

It looks like that spot was made for a tank. Fits perfectly. 

I'm curious, are you going to rig some type of lid to make it easier for driving around or does the BC lid already make a safe seal? I don't know much about those tanks. I'm just thinking of the slosh factor. 

Pledosophy, good point, we have no plans of leaving the RV park we are currently in.

And yes, that spot is perfect, and coincidentally there is a spot just like it on the other side of the TV...hmm maybe another bio cube????

Pledosophy, good point, we have no plans of leaving the RV park we are currently in.

And yes, that spot is perfect, and coincidentally there is a spot just like it on the other side of the TV...hmm maybe another bio cube????

Now you're talking!! 2 biocubes are better than one!????