Brian67 200 gallon starfire

The ReefBox

• 2 weeks later...

So my pesky leaking bulkhead finally got replaced. It didn't come out without a fight. It took a Dremel with a cut off wheel and about an hour of twisting in turning and contorting myself to get this thing out. Once it came out is clear why it was leaking .......over tightened and pushed the seal out.

Prob the worst task I have faced in my many years of reelfing.

05bd2452285bac0c0ae4d5df211537c7_zpsibvp

12b4999681ae9d191e1edfec14a502a1_zpslm2j

Had to cut all the plumbing a par on the left side to access the stupid bulk heads

698153628187618f8628aca6f257ca07_zpsza4a

So onto re plumbing but better than putting a bandaid on it and hoping!!!!

When it rains it pours.....go to set up skimmer and the power supply is dead on the new Orphek Helix 3000. Company send new pump, powesupply and controller (DC) so I guess I'll have a spare skimmer pump on hand

Also ordered a second Jebao DC pump and will run each side on its own so if one fails I will still have circulation

Tom what is this piece? Hope you have some stuff saved up for me!!!!

I collected killer frags, too bad, I killed them better than i grew them but I could save a frag of that rainbow for ya.  Hurry before all my things got killed with my skills...ha..ha

Edited by caolewis

When it rains it pours.....go to set up skimmer and the power supply is dead on the new Orphek Helix 3000. Company send new pump, powesupply and controller (DC) so I guess I'll have a spare skimmer pump on hand

Also ordered a second Jebao DC pump and will run each side on its own so if one fails I will still have circulation

You need skimmer pump and main pump and reactor pump spares.....:-)

Edited by caolewis

Yikes, I've been through bulkhead replacement on a running tank and it is a pain! What a pita you went through though it looks like! Like trying to work under the dash in your car.

Yes it was!! But the good news is everything is running again and the cycle continues. No leaks and this tank is whisper quiet with approx 2000 gph running through it

• Like 1

Fairly new to the forum, but have to say this tank looks stunning, cant wait to see the post cycle and aquascaped photos! 

Also, oceans by design did the tank? Were you happy with their work and prices? I might need something custom for my next tank!

Thanks. Yeah overall for the money I spent I hot a very nice tank. And yes from OBD

Careful bud! That light at the end of the tunnel might the the train! :) just kidding hahaha u still need that skimmer? Lmk! Glad the tank's finally up and running!

I think I'm good Son, Orphek sent out new controller, power supply and threw in a new pump as well for good measure!! Should be here this week

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Little update......working through some wiring stuff and final rock scape. But canopy is up and first 8 bulb ATI sunpower is in. I have another 4 bulb sunpower goin in but 4 bulbs were broken in shipping so will have to wait. The tank is very white in appearance so will be adding more blue plus

Bulb combo right now is:

Actinic

Blue+

Purple +

Blue *

Blue+

Aquablue special

Blue +

Actinic

Will be adding 2-3 more blue plus and maybe a coral+. thoughts??????

37a4d064ed9ac289c6fc2cdab8aabdfd_zpsidk3

56c71534329b77effc89e3aa33cc45e5_zpsiwra

c1ef514f3cc1c2a2e5c00bd1d96f873b_zpsa2h5

dad8d51f69a34af3c7ead97bbc33b46a_zps21os

Will add a few more with lights out soon

• Like 1