Brian67 200 gallon starfire

The ReefBox

So thought I would start a thread to track my new build. I don't usual,y do these but thought would this time to keep track myself and see the progress.

tank is a 20o gallon all starfire tank by OBD. Oceans by design 60x32x24

60 gallon custom sum by none other than our own Wannareef

Reeflo gold Dart

Orphek helix 3000 DC come skimmer

vertex media reactor for GFO

3 mp40's

2 1" sea swirls

Neptune Apex with all the goodies

GEO18 ca reactor

4 AI Hydra 52's with wireless director

T5 supplemental lighting (ATI 4x54w blue plusx2. Purple plus,coral plus)

Spectra Pure 5 stage RO/DI with extra DI and chloramine canisters and booster pump

ATO

Custom stand built by me with 3 doors and a media cache on one end to hold electronics

Here are a few pics to start of stand and tank

Edited by Brian67

th_2bc913f3a1e6f66574c9d2c2176b3f2a_zps2

th_5e7dc68d92520b3519612ba26c46a060_zpsq

th_2a278c4f1e352ff9e93ef7a02a95a4f2_zpsv

So far this is what he has sent me, it will have dual corner overflows and am attached coast to coast overflow that connects the two. Each overflow box will have a 1.5" overflow a 1" in return, a 1" emergency drain and an auto wate changer connected in side the box

For those wondering about the cut outs in the back corner, I had to box that out as mike thought I was building stand out of plywood and bulkheads to close to edge so the frame would have been in the way.,I've doubled up the rear supports and a, skinning with 1/2" birch so it will be strong. Right now I cannot see any deflection in the stand at all.

Oh I love glass tanks starphire glass is the best! I hear good things about obd. Madmike had one built too. Looks like a really sturdy stand. I don't like how heavy glass tanks are though!

This one will run around 350 but the water will be close to 1600 plus rock sand and the MONSTER colonies of SPS I will be growing. This is going to be a dedicated high end tank. I also just bought a new 60" ATI 8 bulb powermodule that I may use if not happy with the hydras

This one will run around 350 but the water will be close to 1600 plus rock sand and the MONSTER colonies of SPS I will be growing. This is going to be a dedicated high end tank. I also just bought a new 60" ATI 8 bulb powermodule that I may use if not happy with the hydras

That's like having a car sitting on your stand! Live the ati power modules. As far as LEDs have come I still don't think they compare to this light. I got one when I saw how good they looked over mad mikes and Danik's tank. That's going to be a nice looking system you have! Following along Brian!

Glad you are posting up a build thread so we can tag along, as you have heard and know this is going to be one of the good ones.

Are you going to be using all of the old rock in the new setup? What kind of substrate are you thinking about using, if any.

Glad you are posting up a build thread so we can tag along, as you have heard and know this is going to be one of the good ones.

Are you going to be using all of the old rock in the new setup? What kind of substrate are you thinking about using, if any.

I'll be using a lot of the rock I am going for a very "shelfed look" kinda like arsonmfg tank. I won't be do the norm I will be using acrylic rods and cement to keep it together,

As far as substrate, I will have a shallow sand bed for wrasses. Hopefully tomorrow I can make more progress on the stand

Progress made today

First coat of kilz and caulking so waterproof on the inside of stand then skinned it all out in 1/2" CCX plywood.

Tomorrow will be day of trim work, putty holes and building doors...,..oh yeah and then sanding for 3-4 coats oil based sandable primer

c0572b792f2d6116ffff2f01f2e88b50_zpshmec

bde21fa3be83ec84672860e7a75985c0_zpspksx

3a65af2511438ed5e5953b2a6a95edb2_zpso7u1

b9a4c6379270776c96732b444411e535_zpsbpcv