White Tang! ????

Emerald525

I just wanted to share this with you. I just got back from the Big Island in Hawaii and while snorkeling amongst a cluster of yellow tangs, I found this interesting guy. Clearly he is just a "morph" of the yellow tangs around him but just thought he was cool!

image_zpsgavfsgvb.jpg

image_zpscfm2seur.jpg

Edited by Emerald525
  • Like 1

Nice! I bet it would give casper at wwc a run for its money :)

Yeah LOL. I remember there being a thread on r2r about the WWC's one. I think it is cool but not like 1000s of dollars cool. Totally healthy active fish and his yellow buddies didn't seem to notice. Clearly just a genetic mutation in the coloration.

• Like 1

Ha thanks for reminding me that I can't afford Hawaii this year. I am very happy you could though. I would love to see more pictures of cool stuff you saw.

Awesome find. You can get a free permit to take fish for yourself. I had a problem trying to find someone to hold my fish for me until I could make sure they were in good health and then to send them to my LFS who was willing to recieve them for me. I am sure you already know these things so I am not sure why I am rambling on? I haven't been drinking? Maybe I should start?

Ha thanks for reminding me that I can't afford Hawaii this year. I am very happy you could though. I would love to see more pictures of cool stuff you saw.

Awesome find. You can get a free permit to take fish for yourself. I had a problem trying to find someone to hold my fish for me until I could make sure they were in good health and then to send them to my LFS who was willing to recieve them for me. I am sure you already know these things so I am not sure why I am rambling on? I haven't been drinking? Maybe I should start?

Lol yeah maybe you should start drinking. Is molokos open?

That would be cool to do if I lived in Hawaii but just not worth it for me to try to figure out how to collect them and ship them. Besides he looked pretty happy in his big ocean don't think he would have liked my 20 gallon tank!????

Edited by Emerald525

Him being happy is a no brainer. I am sure that goes for every fish ever put in a tank.

I tried to take advantage of the permit but was unable to.

I really am jealous that you got to see such a cool fish in the wild. Just awesome. Really look forward to more pics of your trip. Doesnt even have to be ocean related as Hawaii is one of my favorite places on this earth.

Again nice job on snapping the pics, I am sure I would of messed up that opportunity if given the chance.

• Like 1

Great find and great photos! I've been keeping an eye out for a piebald Zebrasoma tang, but they don't come around often. Very cool that each one's markings are unique unto itself. They do change color a bit throughout their lives though. Thanks for sharing!

• Like 1