Emerald's IM Fusion 20 LPS dominated tank!

Emerald525

Makes me miss Eegore! I want that Eel haha 1812fa87469d13c241824367a46d84e6.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Oh that's a great picture Randall! Eegore was amazing!

Snakes in a tank :unsure:

There are mother$$&&&!!!! snakes in this mother&!##$ tank! :cussing:  :laugh:  (Sorry had to be done... :unsure: )

snakesonplane_zpsrqoc7owp.jpg

• Like 2

Oh that's a great picture Randall! Eegore was amazing!

There are mother$$&&&!!!! snakes in this mother&!##$ tank! :cussing:  :laugh:  (Sorry had to be done... :unsure: )

snakesonplane_zpsrqoc7owp.jpg

:laugh:  :laugh: Oh did not know the emoticon police would come out........

• Like 1

Here's a few more pictures! The fire shrimp is always front and center. I read somewhere that people prefer cleaner shrimp to fire shrimp because they tend to hang back but Carlos is pretty tame now and eats out of my hand so he's always up front because that's where the food is! 

DSC04174.ARW_zpszhodoegc.jpg

I have most of the corals towards the center as there is not much par on the side. I don't have a par meter I just can tell by how the zoas were reaching up towards the center. This would be a better light for a cube. not the longer footprint of the fusion 20.

DSC04167.ARW_zpsiz9pi1be.jpg

DSC04168.ARW_zps2rd2cwc9.jpg

DSC04171.ARW_zpsojkwyjj7.jpg

These are from Golden basket but can't remember the name. 

DSC04172.ARW_zpstd9us5t5.jpg

DSC04173.ARW_zpsepguimfi.jpg

Love these huge zoas. They don't have a cool designer name but they are very cool. I got them from Mattv. I think he originally got them from me as they look familiar and I got them in a trade from a guy named moto who was a zoa nut and had some really cool ones. Wish he was still around:

DSC04175.ARW_zpsmk8deyvd.jpg

Cmon Scott! You can't really be creeped out by a tiny little eel! It is cool like Randall said watching him go around corals without bothering them and it's fun watching him tear into a shrimp.

Nah they don't creep me out just not my thing in the tank :laugh:

Better watch out Carlos might be a snack......and I do prefer the fire shrimp also over the cleaner shrimp.

Tank is looking good!

Edited by spectra
  • Like 1

Nah they don't creep me out just not my thing in the tank :laugh:

Better watch out Carlos might be a snack......and I do prefer the fire shrimp also over the cleaner shrimp.

Tank is looking good!

I keep waiting for Carlos to get one of his legs chomped off. Was feeding Rex yesterday and first Carlos was trying to clean him and then jumped on the shrimp when I was trying to feed it to Rex :nono: . Is it wrong that my fire shrimp is eating his cousin? :dry:

ah ok. I did have the stock pump and the MJ 1200 pump running in the back but found it was blowing my sand towards the back even with me moving the nozzles towards the surface,  so I removed the stock pump again and now use the MJ 1200 only with the split. I really am trying to avoid adding anything inside the tank

ah ok. I did have the stock pump and the MJ 1200 pump running in the back but found it was blowing my sand towards the back even with me moving the nozzles towards the surface,  so I removed the stock pump again and now use the MJ 1200 only with the split. I really am trying to avoid adding anything inside the tank

Why are you trying to avoid having a powerhead inside the tank? I have quite a bit of flow in my tank since I took the stock pump from the cracked nuvo I had and added that in to the tank too. It's a lot of flow for zoas but it's' nice because it really keeps the detritus down on the sand bed and I have not had any issues with cyano thus far! :)

That Samuel L quote was phenomenal, sad I missed it! Tank is coming along nicely Kim!

Ha ha! Had to be done! Love me some Samuel L Jackson! He plays the same character in all of his movies and he does it well! I have never even seen that movie Snakes on a Plane but everyone knows the quote! :congratulatory:  :agree:

That's an ok S.L. Jackson quote but the all time best is "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy My brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay My vengeance upon you."

• Like 1

I've learned that zoos will deal with a lot of flow, I have a maxijet 600 for my return pump in my 10 gallon nuvo and also have a Sicce nano pump in the main display. The tank has a ton of flow for a 10 gallon and I have probably 50 heads of zoos in it.

That's an ok S.L. Jackson quote but the all time best is "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy My brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay My vengeance upon you."

Ha ha! I'm derailing my own thread! :laugh:

I've learned that zoos will deal with a lot of flow, I have a maxijet 600 for my return pump in my 10 gallon nuvo and also have a Sicce nano pump in the main display. The tank has a ton of flow for a 10 gallon and I have probably 50 heads of zoos in it.

Yes they can but I have also noticed in areas where I had less flow some of the polyps would get really big! 

i have found that just having good current works really well.  I am not so much concerned about how much strong flow i get.... more so how much overall flow i get through the tank.  I swear by those spin stream heads.  My 12g was run by a rio 600 with a spin stream... that was it.  

Hey now that is for me to do on the thread derailment....... :D

You do that well Scott!

i have found that just having good current works really well.  I am not so much concerned about how much strong flow i get.... more so how much overall flow i get through the tank.  I swear by those spin stream heads.  My 12g was run by a rio 600 with a spin stream... that was it.

Do u have a picture of that set up? I'm happy with the flow in my tank just not the microbubbles.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got a hold of a par meter! Thanks Smann 

By comparison here is my old 150 gallon under ati t5s

DSC08127ARW.jpg

Here are the measurements that I got today under the LED. This was at the highest intensity of the cycle which is 40%A and 80%B

DSC04196.ARW_zpscmxapc18.jpg

Here are a few close up pictures:

This is the favia I won. Thanks again Robert!

DSC04198.ARW_zpsan0ekjjd.jpg

The orange skirted zoas are also ones I got from Robert in the raffle! 

DSC04200.ARW_zpsehccyjuz.jpg

The maxspect has a spotlight effect so the corners of the tank have a low par. I could pretty much guess that so I moved the Incredible hulk and Jason fox leptos up top from the bottom of my sandbed. The silver lining to not having much par in the sides is I can move some of my lps to the top. :) I have had them up there for a week and they are doing fine. I was trying to figure out what to put there with the low light and moderate flow.

DSC04201.ARW_zps156fqeh7.jpg

Here's Rex. As you can see he pretty much leaves the shrimp alone. He's become pretty tame and comes out when he sees me as I am his food source! :)

DSC04202.ARW_zpseqczvsz0.jpg

DSC04203.ARW_zpshz6iaacl.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up a new torch from Rudy at Goldenbasket! Tank is doing well. Sps are doing suprising well too. I don't like the color they get from the Maxspect but other than that they are doing fine. 

All I am doing is 4 gallon weekly water changes with Red Sea Coral Pro. I have not been testing but some of my zoas were closing up and things were not looking quite right so I am running some chemipure in one of the media baskets right now. I don't run it all the time. Usually I just have rock rubble in them but things are opening up more and seem happier. My Utter chaos for some reason are closed up but that's what zoas do. 

I used to freak out and treat but I just watch them. Zoas are prone to do this as many of you know and I don't like treating the entire tank for one weak link. It's survival of the fittest!

DSC04206.ARW_zpsn6zuytyr.jpg

This was taken last week the Gobstoppers on the lower right  were closed up but doing better now.

DSC04208.ARW_zpsjfhscsif.jpg

This picture taken the same day. The Gobstoppers (top right corner are as healthy and happy as can be) Same zoas same tank parameters.

DSC04211.ARW_zpsxrok1rtw.jpg

Here's the new torch!

DSC04215.ARW_zpsdkw46vyu.jpg

• Like 1