Emerald's IM Fusion 20 LPS dominated tank!

Emerald525

Looking good! Isn't it crazy how some zoas will do great and others just won't want to open?! The color in that torch is nice, glad to see the tank doing well!

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Yes! It used to make me crazy and I would pull them out and dip them with coral rx or antibiotics. Now I just leave them alone.

Ha ha! I still have room on the sandbox and there is a high flow big par spot on the right that would be perfect for a monti or 2. Isaac did u hear that?

Yeah but just think of all the room a Reefer 250 would offer :agree: It sure was a nice looking set up!!!!!

Yeah but those things cost more than the Reefers :doh: I can not believe how much they want for  those....

Yes but I really like the all in one concept and all the cool gadgets they come with and I can have you build me an awesome stand! :) If I start saving now and putting a little money in for every time I can't buy a coral to fit in my smaller tank I can have a sweet set up in a year or I can go against the odds and actually keep this tank for a while. If I do. I definitely want a ati t5 because I'm not really liking the colors it gives the sps. The red planet is just a plain red under the lights and does not have the green base.

Yes but I really like the all in one concept and all the cool gadgets they come with and I can have you build me an awesome stand! :) If I start saving now and putting a little money in for every time I can't buy a coral to fit in my smaller tank I can have a sweet set up in a year or I can go against the odds and actually keep this tank for a while. If I do. I definitely want a ati t5 because I'm not really liking the colors it gives the sps. The red planet is just a plain red under the lights and does not have the green base.

Yes the ATI would be nice......

What size IM tank?

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't posted any pictures in a while.  This one was taken a few weeks ago. I picked up a few more sps from Matt V to try and a chalice from Rudy at Goldenbasket. Holly also donated a bird nest to me. Thanks Holly!

Overall I'm quite pleased with how things are going. Things are pretty simple. No controller, no ato, heck I don't even have a thermometer in there, no testing. I just do a 4 gallon water change weekly, change out the filter floss weekly and if zoas start looking closed up or things do not look quite right I run either the purigen or chemipure.

I'm still considering getting a different light as I'm not thrilled with the colors I'm getting from the maxspect or growth. 

DSC04234.ARW_zpstswplauy.jpg

DSC04231.ARW_zpsrtwihsf2.jpg

DSC04222.ARW_zps7figbvup.jpg

Sadly the hawkins sps frag in the back rock is toast now. I was away the weekend before last in Texas watching the Cowboys lose with Brandon Weeden... (ick.. football is so boring now with him playing) I have no clue but the rock was flipped over and landed in the torches and stung the hell out of it. The red planet also got affected somehow too.

Did pick up a coco worm and bleeding apple acan maxima. I love the Aussie corals... :)

DSC04245.ARW_zpskgud97yk.jpg

DSC04244.ARW_zpshnrjctgu.jpg

• Like 1

Looks good! Stinks about the corals though.

I will say that is one thing I like about the 20 takes 5 mins to do a WC and new floss :laugh: I pretty much do the same thing mix up a 5 gallon bucket. Sure is nice to not have the 42 gallon Brute lying around.....

Took your theory and also just toss in a quart of water a day. Tunze ATO is still in the box.......

Looks good! Stinks about the corals though.

I will say that is one thing I like about the 20 takes 5 mins to do a WC and new floss :laugh: I pretty much do the same thing mix up a 5 gallon bucket. Sure is nice to not have the 42 gallon Brute lying around.....

Took your theory and also just toss in a quart of water a day. Tunze ATO is still in the box.......

Yeah, it seems to happen every time I travel something just dies.  At least there was an obvious reason this time. Torch versus Hawkins sps ... Hawkins didn't stand a chance!  I'm just used to it I guess. Have no clue how the rock fell over and unfortunately my brother wouldn't notice something like that.  I agree the water change is quick which is a big reason why I haven't upgraded.  I just scoop the water out of the bucket too.  

Here's an updated picture from today. The Hawkins is gone now. The back rock in the center with the sps on it somehow fell over when I was out of town.

The water is a little cloudy in the first picture because I just did a water change and drained a little with the pumps going so I could clean the tank without splashing water everywhere so there was quite a few microbubbles. 

Everything is looking great from what I got from Jeff and Mattv. The chalice I got from Rudy a few weeks ago is losing the green rim. I'm not sure why but suspect it has to do with my lighting.  There's a lot of coralline growing on the back wall now. I also had to frag the red planet up because it also was stung when I was away from what I don't know probably collateral damage when the rock fell over. Don't really know how the heck it happened as it's a decent size rock and it is up against the other rocks.

Still only doing a 4 gallon water change once a week, changing out filter floss once week and just topping off myself with ro/di water a few times a week. :)

Not doing any testing but if I see any significant issues. There's not even a thermometer in the tank now because it just got in the way.  :laugh: 

DSC04248.ARW_zpsngbf5vej.jpg

DSC04256.ARW_zpsd93sjirs.jpg

• Like 1

Hahaha you sound like me, I ditched the thermometer because it's ugly. The water temp stays stable. I don't test anymore either unless things start to deteriorate. I love the nuvos they seem to stay pretty dang stable as long as we stay on top of water changes.

Tank looks great btw!!

• Like 1

Hahaha you sound like me, I ditched the thermometer because it's ugly. The water temp stays stable. I don't test anymore either unless things start to deteriorate. I love the nuvos they seem to stay pretty dang stable as long as we stay on top of water changes.

Tank looks great btw!!

LOl yeah I would ditch the covering on the vortech too because it's ugly but I love my eel too much to risk it.

Yes I agree the IM tanks are awesome. I really like the all in one design. If I upgrade to a bigger tank, I will likely go with an IM tank again. Was seriously considering getting a used 40 gallon one from Jeff but I would go with more of a rectangle like this one than a cube. It just looks better in the space where I have the tank. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...