saltwater powered supercar!

MVPaquatics

This car doesn't make sense from an engineering standpoint, thus until I see one get filled up and drive I wouldn't believe it. I don't know if you guys remember back in the late 90s early 2000s someone coming out with a water powered car that you could "fill up with your garden hose". Needless to say that never came out. You can never get more energy out than you put in (first law of Thermodynamics), so the saltwater can't just convert itself to electrical energy without something like electrolysis separating out the hydrogen, which in tern takes energy to do. I'll be surprised if this car goes anywhere.

• Like 1

I agree with Blue.

There is something missing in the article. You need some sort of Anode in order to create the actual electricity.

Sure, if we dose this saltwater with magnesium to gain the electrons needed to actually power the car then I could see it.

Battery to water to battery is not nearly as impressive as using only my aquarium saltwater to fill up my car and drive off into the sunset :-).

• Like 1