May LED Presentation by Bombertech 2015

badxgillen

Yes!!! We finally have confirmation from our good friend and fellow PNWMAS member Bombertech for an LED presentation for our May 2015 Meeting wich will be held at...

The Premium Aquarium.

1875 25th St SE, Salem, OR 97302

Great Place.

We are looking to start the meet at 1:00 PM May 31st so don't be late if you are wanting to get some inside information on LEDs and lighting in general, Matt will also be doing a bit of LED modification for us to observe for those of us that are uneducated in the electrical side of things or simply just unsure. I know I want to swap out some LEDs on my D120s and would love some input on diodes.

Garret, being the kind and generous gentleman he is, is going to be the host of this meeting and from my experiences he always has a great spread. He has a great staff and killer corals So bring some cash in that pocket for some crazy deals from this awesome sponsor and maybe a raffle ticket or two from your favorite Marine Club. You know you want too.

But wait theres more! We will be having a good old fashioned frag swap so bring your corals to trade or whats even better is start a thread about what you have to give out or what you are looking to acquire.

You know the drill, Be There Or Be Square!

• Like 6

YES!!!!!! Finally I will understand all those posts lol

It is actually pretty easy to understand if you have some one who knows how to explain things, when I was younger I spent days reading many books to acquire the information that can be passed verbally in a couple hours.

Great place and great talk! Didn't catch the actual date. Thanks for hosting Garrett! Thanks Matt for taking the time to educate us on LEDs. Thanks Bert for getting this set up!

Yes a Big Thank You to our PNWMAS Team, Matt, and Garret. As usual this was a team effort, we still have some behind the scenes workers\volunterrs here in the club contributing what they can.

Specific day?

We are aiming for the 31st at 1:00PM, It will be great to meet you, and if it is any incentive just know that Garret does a good party.

Looking forward to the meeting and info on LED lighting!

Yay! Karens coming too, can I bring you something for your tank? That sand dollar was a pretty good size frag,its doing well in my tank.

Yes!!!! Sweet this is gonna be dope see you all there[emoji4][emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it ever not cool, I have not been to a bad meeting, a lower turnout maybe but never a bad one.

Excellent! We'll be going over how to take an old lame blue/white D120 and trick it out to one's liking.

I'll bring a soldering iron for running through techniques as well.

Really happy you are going to come through from such a distance and share with the group, we appreciate it much.

That is going to be a great meeting!  I am sorry i have to miss it...  my little guy turns 3 that weekend....  Everyone that attends will get some quality information at a great LFS!

Have fun with the son man, my youngest is 3 and they are a riot at that age. Maybe we will see you at the next meet, one day soon it will be in your neck of the woods again I am sure.

I will be there and I might be excited?

Me too, lets all be there and be excited, it brings a good feeling atmosphere to a group.

Awesome, hope to make it.  Great presentation, shop, should be a blast!

I hope you can come through too, it is a long trip but you know you wanna get to Garett's and meet up with your club buddies. Just take the day off, you know you want to.

Sweet, can't wait!

I am still getting ready but am also antsy, but yeah what you said, can't wait.

I'm going to try and make this one!!

Great! I will get to meet up with the FishMan, I will bring you something.

wish is was in portland :(

It would be totally worth the trip south man, trust me on that one. Zoas Everywhere!

• Like 1

I know, have not seen Isaac at a meet for a few months. I am sure it is for something important though, live is a priority after all, maybe see you at the next one man.

Yeah I coach youth sports, and our tournaments are about every other weekend. Kinda lame if the coach doesn't show!

The premium aquarium is a perfect spot for the meeting, garret and co are rad peeps.

If you are new to club, you will not be disappointed!

Go Team Mandinga, I am sure you will have a ton of fun with the kids, like I said life is a priority.

I will make sure to snag a coral at the gathering for you man, we can always meet up another time, I know you have the Monti Madness and I might still have a trick up my sleeve.

Its kinda Ironic as one of my D-120s has fried out its middle row of LEDs, the Royal Blues I think. Now I just need to make sure I have the right ones to re solder in when the time comes.

Seems to be common problem with those D120s I bet more people's are toast and they don't even know it. I know of at least 5 other people not including you or me who had the RB go bad 6 out of my 9 fixtures. Bo hooked me up even this it was way past the warranty.

Matt if you need a few fixtures to work on I have 6 :laugh: