May Meeting?

Yourmedic

It used to be an annual meeting in Eugene with a fellow going by the screen name Oxx, he has recently moved for a work opportunity and will no longer be hosting the May meeting. I just got on the board and am still trying to soak everything up and get on the same page as every one so as of now I am looking into what has been discussed by the other office members.

You could just come all the way to Corvallis for a hang out and fragging session. That kinda like a meeting.

• Like 2

Just throwing this idea out there, but my friend in California says that his club just meets once a month at different sponsors stores to hang out, swap frags, socialize, and buy coral from the shops. I think it would be cool to do that same kind of thing for our meetings if we do not have a set speaker. We could go to places such as Premium Aquarium, Cuttlefish, Critter Cabana, Upscale and others for our meetings. It is great business for them and helps get their names out there to our members. I'm not sure if the sponsors would want to host those event but I think that it would be something good for the next Vender Relations Chair to look into if the sponsors and members are interested.

We do do that from time to time but I know Jeff and Garret can only take so much of us and I am not sure how Travis would feel about a mob at his store. Basically we are planning a few meets at sponsor stores here in the next few months.

It is also not unheard of for people to simply make little gatherings of their own such as the Molokos meets or the Frag Swaps at my house.

We can do any of these, does this mean you are coming over nest week? A coral trade perhaps?

• Like 1

It used to be an annual meeting in Eugene with a fellow going by the screen name Oxx, he has recently moved for a work opportunity and will no longer be hosting the May meeting. I just got on the board and am still trying to soak everything up and get on the same page as every one so as of now I am looking into what has been discussed by the other office members.

You could just come all the way to Corvallis for a hang out and fragging session. That kinda like a meeting.

I would enjoy coming down and hanging out! Just getting into corals, so fragging session would be great! I could learn tons and asks all those new guy questions. . . LoL

Corvallis is about 5 hours away, so this meeting will most certainly be a weekend trip! Close enough I'd defiantly hit up the coast!! I'm all ears to whatever ends up happening. :)

Just let me know ahead of time and I would be more than happy to show you my tanks and a few tips and tricks to cutting corals. If you  have ever talked to me about the hobby you know you can get an ear full. And once I hear something more I will let you all know.

• Like 2

It is so worth it.  OIAB did one last year, the store was packed and the fish and corals were flying out the door.  He brought in extra help that day, I think his wife was even running the register.  They had to do the raffle after the meeting it was so busy.  Hey sponsors, you know this, but its worth it if you can handle the madness!

I caught up with several people there (think I met Steve Sappington that day even, or another at the same location).  There was tons of good conversation and many people met up for trading.  I would definitely say it is a quick and easy meeting and a nice benefit for the sponsors to bring in that many customers at once.

Will there be a May meeting or no because of the group elections? I usually work weekends, just wanted to make sure I could request it off if there was one in the works. 

We are supposed to have a meeting in May. We always have in the past. Still waiting to hear where it will be from Kevin.

As Chris mentioned, we are more than happy to host the meeting at The Premium Aquarium. We have the last weekend of the month available as of now. We love having the club at the shop!

That would be awesome! You throw a good party!! You had some fun raffles in the past!

I was thinking of stopping in there this weekend, say sat. 5pm

I'll be there Scott. Come on by! 

If you guys want to have a swap or a little reeftank soirée, I'm totally down. We could be having these weekly, as far as I'm concerned.

• Like 1

But I will say this right now, bring your corals to trade because you know I am bringing mine.

Who Wants Some?!

DSCF7926_zpsaf0437d9.jpg

That's a lot of frags!!!  :D I don't have any to swap as I am just starting with corals, but maybe we could work out a deal. 

Edited by Yourmedic

Well I am open to all sorts of corals, stoney and soft, provided I do not already have the particular variant. There are thousands of corals out there so it I bet you do have somthing in that tank of yours, unless things are too small still, then I understand and I would bring you a frag to help beak in your tank.

I will start up another thread in the next day or two for more details.

Is Memorial Day weekend the best weekend to hold a meeting. I am not sure but seems a lot of folks have plans. I am only bringing this up because I haven't seen the holiday mentioned. I don't card and will try to make it regardless.

Memorial Day Weekend is the week before that. Memorial Day is on May 25th this year!